Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pants test!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=93891)

jers52 Fri, Mar-21-03 19:15

Pants test!!!

YAHOOOO! ON Thursday, I was wearing a pair of size 16 pants - stretch moleskin that I had bought in mid Jan. as an incentive. As I am 'babying" my hand from the recent carpal tunnel surgery (the 10th) I had been wearing elastic waists for the most part - hurt to do zippers. Well, went to the ladies and just pulled and these zipped up 16s went right down!!! I was amazed!!!! So after the doctor took out my stitches - I went malling - and found I could wear and zip a 14W pants!!! Not possible for quite a few years! (Not happy with the bulges that still appear to my eyes - but still a big (nope make that smaller....LOL :roll: ) difference!!!! I didn't buy any new pants though --- planning to 'shrink' out of that size by LCing!!!

Jan
:wave:

zandria72 Fri, Mar-21-03 19:32

Congratulations!! Isn't it great?! :)

Did you notice that just from losing nine pounds?

jers52 Fri, Mar-21-03 20:15

yep, not many #

but I am shrinking - I measure only every 2 weeks - but have dropped 2.5 inches in my waist ,2" hip and 2" from each thigh!!!

Maybe soon the weight will drop too...

Jan :daze:

Dollygrrl Sat, Mar-22-03 00:50

:cheer: Woohoo, WTG Jan! :cheer:

thanks for the inspiration. :)

Elihnig Sat, Mar-22-03 06:39

The scale lies...

but smaller clothing tells the truth!

Congrats!

Beth

TeriDoodle Sun, Mar-23-03 06:29

I've been saying for the longest time that I should buy a size 10 pair of Levi's (I now wear a 12) to use as a pant-o-meter.... but then talk myself out of it 'cause I can't even zip them up! What a waste of money, I think. But then I read recently an idea to go to a used clothing store and just buy a really cheap pair! That's pretty smart! I think I'll do that today.... especially since I've put away the scale!

Jan - you should do the same thing and buy a size 16 (NOT "W").... just think how excited you'll be when you can get those zipped up!! Officially out of the "Women's department!!"

Congratulations!! .... and I hope your bo-bo gets better real soon!!

alexis143 Sun, Mar-23-03 12:45

Smller pants

Congrats on the weight loss! On a personal note, I do buy pants in a smaller size, and try to put them on every week or so. I finally fit into a 7 just a couple of days ago. I think that the "pants test" is a better way to judge your weight loss than scale alone, and it makes you feel good too! :thup:

dfletcher Sun, Mar-23-03 13:58

I was shoping the other day for my son, and I saw this lovely blouse. I tried on the 22/24 and it was too tight, so I tried on the 26/28. I just loved the colour, and almost bought it, but then I thought that I do not intend to be in a 26/28 in 4 weeks, or even a 22/24 in 8 weeks, so why buy something I do not plan to use! Beleive me, I have lots of smaller clothes in my close that I can "grow" into!

dcbrowne Sun, Mar-23-03 14:10

I did the same thing yesterday. I bought a tank top a size smaller (22/24) than usual. I tried it on and it fit nicely!!! It made my day.

TashaT Mon, Mar-24-03 09:06

That is great... I know the feeling. I have boxes full of my old jeans. My husband keep asking why I didn't just throw them away or give them away. I just couldn't.. They cost toooo much money.. I had been slowing gaining weight for 7 years. So I have sizes from 12's to 5's . Now since I am low carbing. I went and dusted off the boxes and started trying them on.. It is great... It is like a shopping spree.. I don't think I want to get down to the size 5's. I would like to be maybe about a 7 or 9. I can now wear the 12's. I haven't been in a 12 in about 2-3 years.
:D
TashaT

cre8tivgrl Mon, Mar-24-03 14:08

Yes, the pants test is a biggie.

I do the same, Tasha. I have jeans from size 22 down to 7. My 22s are getting big, the 20s fit but are really tight. But in a few weeks????

I admit I am still a scale slave, but I am getting better. A pant size loss is so much more satisfying!!!

:D

Demer Mon, Mar-24-03 19:56

I have to tell you that I know how you feel getting into those size 14's!. I went shopping over the weekend for an upcoming buisness trip and I figured I'd be buying 16's after losing nearly thirty pounds so far, but the 14 fit perfectly! I was so happy I was dancing around the dressing room! (glad no one could see me!). When I got home I tried on my old buisness clothes from three years ago and I have a whole new wardrobe again! Now I can hardly wait to get into those size 12's. :D