Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Help, Can Anyone Tell Me About Atkins Shakes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=112600)

blonde1 Mon, Jun-09-03 16:39

Help, Can Anyone Tell Me About Atkins Shakes

Hi can anyone tell me about atkins shakes. The ones that are 1 g of carb. How many can I drink? I like them as a snack and also as a meal sometimes. Thankyou Suzanne :spin:

LadyBelle Mon, Jun-09-03 16:58

They aren't ment as meal replacements. They are ok as an occasional snack, Atkins recomends no more then 1 a day of shakes or bars. In some people they cause stalls, but if they don't stall you go for it. Personaly I prefer EAS carb control shakes.

MaryToU Mon, Jun-09-03 17:41

I use them to replace breakfast. This works great for me because I am never really hungry first thing in the morning. :wave:

blonde1 Mon, Jun-09-03 18:24

THANKS

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS. I JUST HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION IF THERE ARE ONLY 1 CARB IN IT WHY JUST ONE A DAY? :confused: :confused:

LadyBelle Mon, Jun-09-03 19:02

From the Atkins web site.

Quote:
Can I eat Advantage bars during the Induction phase?

An AtkinsTMAdvantage Barcan serve as either a snack or an occasionalmeal replacement. Feel free to eat them during Induction as long as you continue to lose weight. (We generally recommend no more than one bar or shake a day during the first two weeks of Induction.) But keep in mind that neither the Atkins shakes nor the bars were formulated to be total meal replacements. Atkins does not recommend the use of meal replacements for more than one meal a day; instead, it is important to eat whole, unprocessed foods to learn wholesome eating habits.

blonde1 Mon, Jun-09-03 19:08

THANKS

Since i already lost 130 pds im past induction. I want to lose 80 more. I dont use them as meals maybe one a day and one for a snack but i eat no other carbs. Thank you :cheer:

mammoth Mon, Jun-09-03 21:38

Usually you only get the shakes while doing atkins during the first week of induction!

:):):):):)
Jake

LadyBelle Mon, Jun-09-03 21:40

mammoth - smart alec ;p

calico32 Mon, Jun-09-03 23:24

I don't see anything wrong with having s shake a day as a snack or a quick meal. After discovering the ready-made cans I rejoiced. If you stick them in the freezer for a little while, they get thick and yummy...a great substitute for a milkshake. It's a great way to have "dessert". When it's hot out I'm so used to going straight for something icy for dessert, but now that I'm on this WOE I can't, so the shakes work out great for me.

The whole reason Slimfast never worked for me was that I'd want to eat a meal AND have the shake....and now I can!

Ellejaiem Mon, Jun-09-03 23:44

lol ~ mammoth

I love a good pun. Keep em comin'! :thup:

blonde1 Tue, Jun-10-03 01:44

:hyper: I didnt get mamouths joke but i still dont understand if the shake is 1 g of carbs why there is any limit. Thanks Suzanne

mcastle Tue, Jun-10-03 03:50

They limit the shakes and bars, because in the end, calories still matter. a 220 calorie shake 3 times a day wil affect you mare than a few ounces of lettuce.

calico32 Tue, Jun-10-03 05:01

I think the reason there is a limit is mroe because they want you to get your nutrition from real food instead of "fake" food.

kish Tue, Jun-10-03 06:37

I usually have a vanilla shake for a shake a couple of days a week. They are very good. But I do limit myself to them.

-K

sheas31 Tue, Jun-10-03 07:41

I like the Shakes

The shakes help me bcz I got tired of eating in the morning . It was a chore any way I'm not really hungry in the morning. so I started to skip meals..I figured I better cut that out and broke down & bought shakes..usually about 3x's a week I drink break fast other times I eat.