Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Clues that a is Whoosh Coming on????????? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97169)

hippygal Mon, Apr-07-03 09:52

Clues that a Whoosh is Coming on?????????

I have noticed that whenever a whoosh is coming on I crave carbs really bad. I mean REALLY bad! Also I sweat in my sleep. We sleep with the A/C on a very low temperature thanks to my DH who is always hot. Anyway whenever I sweat in my sleep.......Whoosh! I have lost weight. I read in Dr. Atkins book that weight lose normally occurs overnight. I am a believer.
Anybody else have any Whoosh clues?????

Alina Mon, Apr-07-03 09:55

Yes! I crave FOOD. Hunger pangs are a sure sign of a coming whoosh.
I eat as much of legal foods as I want. This has happened 3 times so far, always a week before TOM. I'm so happy when I feel those hunger pangs now...It's like a clockwork now.

Alina

yvonne326 Mon, Apr-07-03 10:18

I feel very HOT (like last night) and hungry and then within 48 hours I get a whoosh of 2lbs (avg). I am waiting for the scale to show it - - but its TOM so I may have to wait a few days.

whyspers Mon, Apr-07-03 10:53

Yup...I feel like I'm starving even though I am not eating any less. I feel like I could eat a horse! This is also, like another poster said, usually around TOM, but also happens at other times. Sure to bring on a whoosh and hasn't failed yet :)

L

Kaillean Mon, Apr-07-03 13:10

I too get very hungry -- usually the day before a whoosh. (Alina pointed this out to me and I have since confirmed it.) So far, this has not been associated with TOM for me. THough today I am very hungry and TOM is coming.

I also notice that I feel hotter. I've always had very cold hands and feet. DH is so happy that they are always warm now. :)

Another thing I notice -- this is kind of gross -- but right before a whoosh my cellulite gets a lot worse. I always have cellulite on my thighs and butt, but every once in a while I notice that I seem to have a lot more of it -- and in places where I normally don't have it. Then I have a whoosh and am smooth again. It's almost as if I can see the fat breaking down and redistributing. :eek:

K.

Pamlyn Mon, Apr-07-03 14:08

Aaaah, come on you guys, I've NEVER had a whoosh. Dang!!
:confused:

DWRolfe Mon, Apr-07-03 15:06

I am happy to report that I have expereinced many whooshes... A few things I have noticed in common prior to one:

If I skip lunch on the weekends (because I'm busy and running around) I almost always get a whoosh on Monday/Tuesday.

Plus, I ALWAYS get a bump up before a whoosh! If I feel as though I've lost weight and I get on the scale but find my weight up a pound or two, it is ALWAYS followed by a whoosh. I can't explain it, but it's why I don't freak out if I get a higher reading when I know I've been a LC angel :angel: becasue it means a whoosh is on its way!

Good luck...

Donald :wave:

mum2four Mon, Apr-07-03 15:28

did you know that feeling you get when you feel hunger it's your body hitting the fat storage, don't eat at that time, wait til it goes away. (a nurse and a fitness expert told me this so please don't bash me.)

Vicki :wave:

MarimbaMom Mon, Apr-07-03 16:10

Vicki,

I watched Oprah the other day and she said the exact same thing: when you feel those hunger pangs, it's your body going into your fat stores that's triggering those feelings and if you don't give into those pangs, you will lose weight.

I get starved a few days before TOM -- and I do mean starved! It's crazy, but the weight does go down after TOM. The weird thing for me is that is the ONLY time of month I lose any weight. I stall until TOM and then whoosh. I don't know why.

Pam

MaryToU Mon, Apr-07-03 16:56

Now you are all going to set me up for a big disappointment :(
Everytime I feel really hungry I will be excitingly waiting to jump on the scale. Been hanging around the same weight now for a month now :mad: ( But dont feel bad for me, I have check and am losing inches! Just want that darn scale to move too :D )

Bleach Mon, Apr-07-03 16:59

Thisi is definitely something to think about. I haven't noticed a correlation between hunger and a weight loss, but now I'll pay more attention! Thanks :)

luvhump Mon, Apr-07-03 17:19

I had the same exact thing last week-all week-the hunger was horrible. By Friday my weigh in day at Curves-I lost 4.5 lbs just last week. I was thrilled but not sure i like those hunger pains. I have never felt like that before-usually when I am going to lose something-I do have a funny feeling in my body-can't exactly explain just different. Then what did I do? fell off this weekend abit-today I feel like I'm almost out of ketosis-my dry mouth is almost gone-thats how i keep track of it. But I climbed right back on today and hopefully caught it before its gone totally.

Anshim Mon, Apr-07-03 21:56

Hi folks -

So, this might be a stupid question (I, unfortunately, have not had enough WOOSH-y experiences yet) but how do you balance waiting out the hunger pains vs. munching on legal snacks (raw veggies in my case)? Are you saying that you generally limit your eating to 3 meals, and cut back on snacking?

There's a WOOSH out there with my name on it. If anyone sees it, please let me know. :D

:wave:
Anshim

Misa Tue, Apr-08-03 02:14

Kaillean,

Some of my LC friends and I call that "jiggly fat" days. We've noticed that the fat seems a bit more jiggly right before we lose weight. Getting rid of/hanging onto excess water maybe? I'm not sure why :confused: , but you're not the only one.

cherry Tue, Apr-08-03 05:44

im confused now.....i thought when you are hungry.. you're suppose to eat??.. nnot starve yourself...???
i eat everytime im hungry... ranges frm 2meals aday to 5meals a day.... sometime i feel like i havent stop eating since i woke up..
.... two or one hour after my meal im hungry again...
...... and i havent lost any weight :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(....started on 1st APRIL

why why why??...

oh and wat is TOM??...sorry me new :P...