Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   pickles?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122334)

rodcat20 Sat, Jul-12-03 18:09

pickles??

This may be a silly question but I want to be sure..... Am I allowed pickles on induction???? I know they are a form of cucumbers and I know in th ANDR sour pickle is listed as part of a sample lunch BUT they are not listed on the allowable foods list.
Can someone clarify this for me...

thank you
cathy

xxovereasy Sat, Jul-12-03 18:34

Pickles

:doah: You wouldn't be in this pickle if all you ate were pickles, except sweet gherkins ugh

aimie Sat, Jul-12-03 18:37

the carb counter to the right says about 2/3 carbs. i think they are ok too. i eat them every once in a while.

xxovereasy Sat, Jul-12-03 18:38

love pickles, but prefer sour kind. you?

LCalamari Sat, Jul-12-03 18:39

I eat them every once in a while and on the jar the carb content shows 0.8carbs per pickle. I am sure all brands are different. I would just check the labels before you buy them just incase there is some sugar hiding in there.

xxovereasy Sat, Jul-12-03 18:42

Jes ate chicken tenders,fried onion rings and baked potato. Prob too many carbs.

Birddog Sat, Jul-12-03 23:02

I add dill pickles to my tuna, egg and chicken salad. FitDay says 1, (4 inch) dill pickle has,Total Carbohydrate 5.58g, Dietary Fiber 1.62g 6%. Read the label though. I am not sure if Dr. A actually says anything about pickles in his book. I have read it I just don't remeber.

Joe Joe Sun, Jul-13-03 03:34

I love pickles!! In Canada, my favourites are Bick's Dill Pickles, with garlic. They're soo good!

djkismet Sun, Jul-13-03 03:37

hey guys. heads up on mt olive pickles they are new here by me, and make bread and butter pickles sweetened with splenda. yummmmm.
i have them a couple times a week. they are the little round ones, not whole pickles. more convienent anyway.
just letting you know. i love pickles. :dazzle:

galaga6846 Mon, Aug-11-03 09:59

spread some cream cheese on some cold cuts (I like dried beef)... and roll up in a dill pickle.

YUM-YUM-YUM!!!

xtena Mon, Aug-11-03 10:17

Dill Pickles are great, except for all that sodium...

gawdess Mon, Aug-11-03 10:28

I just picked the pickles off my mcdonalds hamburgers :^)...Didnt wanna risk it

Hilary M Mon, Aug-11-03 10:52

I ate pickles on Induction, but be sure you count the carbs. And limit them, the sodium can make you retain water.

LadyBelle Mon, Aug-11-03 11:23

Make sure to read the lables. Dill pickles are ok, but sweet pickles are a no-no. Read the carb count as well as the ingredients to see if they have added sugar.

Kimberwolf Mon, Aug-11-03 13:38

djkismet already mentioned the Mt. Olive No Sugar Added bread-n-butter pickle chips -- which, I might add, are *awesome*... They also have bread-n-butter slices (sliced lengthwise along the pickle; two of these will completely cover a burger), sweet gherkins, and dill relish -- all No Sugar Added with low to non-existant carb counts. All are sweetened with Splenda.