Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   According to Cortislim, low-carb has side effects (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164819)

SisterT Thu, Feb-05-04 12:47

According to Cortislim, low-carb has side effects

According to the Cortislim ads that I keep hearing, the doctor claims that Supplement Watch, a "leading research group", claims that low-carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss and heart disease.

Any true to these claims? Personally, I think the doc is just trying to sell his product.

FrecklFluf Thu, Feb-05-04 12:58

Quote:
Personally, I think the doc is just trying to sell his product.
Personally, I think you're right. :D

LadyBelle Thu, Feb-05-04 13:48

I still like the one about eating low carb turns your pee blue. That has to be the best myth so far.

As for mood swings, having your blood sugar levels balanced can reduce mood swings related to ups and crashes of blood sugar. My excuse is I'm just a b** always, Lc or not. Having bloating from extra carbs just makes me a larger one :)

adkpam Thu, Feb-05-04 16:13

I think the [ahem] doctor is full of bull byproducts.

2Airedales Thu, Feb-05-04 16:28

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FromVA Thu, Feb-05-04 16:45

2Airedales expressed it best.

bevbme Fri, Feb-06-04 14:10

Personally, I think the doc is just trying to sell his product."

Indeed.

black57 Sat, Feb-07-04 23:16

Oh no, he is just trying to sell his product. As a matter of fact if you listen all they way to the end of the commercial he says that cortislim can be helpful with low carb diets. It is a crappy commercial.

Kristine Sun, Feb-08-04 11:05

>>"low-carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss and heart disease."

High carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss, heart disease, diabetes, PCOS, anxiety, depression, binge eating, impaired immune function, tooth decay, Candida infection, fatty liver, migraine, indigestion, hormone imbalance, higher risk of degenerative diseases...

;)

black57 Sun, Feb-08-04 13:56

Kristine, don't forget gout!

black57 Sun, Feb-08-04 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterT
According to the Cortislim ads that I keep hearing, the doctor claims that Supplement Watch, a "leading research group", claims that low-carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss and heart disease.

Any true to these claims? Personally, I think the doc is just trying to sell his product.

I am sure that the group "Supplement Watch" consists of member of his own family and employees.

SisterT Mon, Feb-09-04 12:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
>>"low-carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss and heart disease."

High carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss, heart disease, diabetes, PCOS, anxiety, depression, binge eating, impaired immune function, tooth decay, Candida infection, fatty liver, migraine, indigestion, hormone imbalance, higher risk of degenerative diseases...

;)

Indeed! :thup:

SisterT Mon, Feb-09-04 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I am sure that the group "Supplement Watch" consists of member of his own family and employees.

:lol:

You're probably right!

csj Mon, Feb-09-04 12:48

"low-carb diets have side effects like mood swings, extreme fatigue, memory loss and heart disease."

Don't know, maybe it's true. Personally, I'm too *#!!!
**##!! mad and exhausted from the quadruple bypass surgery last week (was it last week?) to care.

2bthinner! Tue, Feb-10-04 07:08

Blue urine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
I still like the one about eating low carb turns your pee blue. That has to be the best myth so far.

It may have been caused by someone using "diurex" "the gentle diuretic" (water pills) I knew several people years ago who used this stuff. (myself included :rolleyes: ) The box back has a note at the end of warnings. "NOTE: The appearance of blue tinted urine which may occur after taking DIUREX Water Pills is a normal and temporary effect. (Yes, I still have an old box hanging around, though I can't remember the last time I used it.)

I never had mine turn color though. And it could be from the dye as the pills were blue.