Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Low carb. ice cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170334)

akyser Tue, Mar-02-04 11:26

Low carb. ice cream

I tried two kinds. They are made by Carb. Smart. They are both great. Can't even tell they are made with Splenda. The Fudge Cycles taste like chocolate ice cream and the Eskimo Pie ones taste like Klondike bars. They are just great. I was wondering if anyone else has tried the low carb. ice creams. Have you had any problems with them stalling you? They don't seem to give me cravings. I just wanted to know if it was ok to be eating these.

mel92 Tue, Mar-02-04 11:33

I eat the Blue Bunny carb freedom ice cream. When I was in OWL, as long as I only ate 1/2 cup once or twice a week, it did not affect my weight loss.

commit Tue, Mar-02-04 11:44

Yep I've Had em...

Costco is selling an assortment of the Carb Smart bars you mentioned, I have been eating probably one every other day for the last month or so and they don't seem to be affecting me negatively... and you are right, they are great!

freckles Tue, Mar-02-04 11:52

I haven't been eating them lately, but when I was they did not seem to affect my weight loss...I was thrilled too, because they are yummy! As is the carb smart ice cream in a carton.

ashley1 Tue, Mar-02-04 11:55

I've had the carb smart carton ice cream - mint chocolate chip. Heaven! But I have a hard time with portion control...I will finish the carton I have and then not buy anymore for quite some time.

Itty Tue, Mar-02-04 12:36

Dpes anyone know if they're available in regular grocery stores in Toronto, Canada?

M

Whiteice Tue, Mar-02-04 12:40

I have just come accross the carb-solutions(Think that is the name) ice cream in my Safeway in Northern California. I have only seen 3 flavors (Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla) and I must say I cannot believe how damn good these things taste. I even had my brother and a buddy of mine try it, and they were amazed at how good they actually tasted. My buddy said the strawberry one is the best strawberry he has tasted.

I was also thinking that if you take the low carb vanilla and mix it with some diet A&W (Assuming the diet has no carbs) that you now have access to a A&W root beer float. :)

Whiteice

PS. My mom visited this weekend and brought some coffee syrup that was made out of Splenda. We had Strawberry and Irish Cream, and I must say those were pretty darn good too.

niudog Tue, Mar-02-04 13:10

Is it "Fudge Cycles" or "Fudgicles"?

Didnt Bart and Milhouse have an argument about this very topic? ? ?

cs_carver Tue, Mar-02-04 13:28

Good, but watch out for the side effects

If you're sensitive to the sugar alcohols and not very good with portion control, there are some unpleasant lower intestinal side effects.

Haven't yet decided if I can risk having the ice cream in the house, but it is good.

thin2win Tue, Mar-02-04 16:49

:lol: Lower intestinal side effects. How polite :rolleyes: . Some of the low carb candy bars have that undesireable affect on me. I know exactly what you mean!

CindyG Tue, Mar-02-04 17:09

White Ice -

Diet root beer has no carbs on the label. I do have an occasional lc rootbeer float with diet Barq's and atkins vanilla ice cream. It is delish!

ashley1 Tue, Mar-02-04 18:05

That sounds wonderful.

I don't go overboard but I have more like a cup not 1/2 a cup. I make sure I eat my LC ice cream out of a coffee mug, but sometimes I try to fill it up rather than filling it halfway and being content...

LadyBelle Tue, Mar-02-04 18:33

The sugar alcohols scare me away. The pleasure is just not worth the pain or smell.

ndhulst Tue, Mar-02-04 19:09

I am just sitting here eating my first blue bunny ice cream made with splenda and it is delish!! I can't believe how good it tastes!!
I decided to go with the bars instead of the carton for portion control......:)
its hitting the spot since TOM has comed to visit hehe

KNP Tue, Mar-02-04 19:40

low carb. ice cream

I so love this low carb ice cream as well as the carb smart I usually buy I found blue bunny in my local walmart store and it's butter pecan flavored MMMMMM
2 less carbs per serving less than carbsmart vanilla :thup:
I do have it daily and I'm still losing :yum: