Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Newbie in town (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28293)

cheesepuff Wed, Dec-26-01 15:48

Newbie in town

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get a a helping hand in losing my pounds. I have to admit this is going to be hard because I 'am a bread lover as well as a lover of chocolate, sauces, barbecue, subs.... you get the idea. I have tried this "diet" before and got frustrated and gave up, I only had lost 2-5 pounds. I have tried other diets only to have gained the weight back. So here I am back at the beginning. :wave:

Natrushka Wed, Dec-26-01 16:11

Hi Cheesepuff. Welcome to the forum.

If LCing is going to work for you it has to become a WOL (way of life). Attempting Atkins as a 'diet' will see you end up right back where you started with an even more messed up metabolism; once you go back to eating flour, pasta and sugar you'll regain the fat you lost and your system will be more hesitant to go through the losing proccess again.

Give yourself the 2 week Induction period and do it by the book, kicking the carbs can be tough, but once you've made it through you'll find your tastes do change and your cravings diminish. One day you may find you no longer like the sugar and chocolate.

Be sure you're eating enough (10 - 12 times your body weight a day in calories) and drinking enough water to keep yourself hydrated and to flush out the fat and think about starting up a Journal in the "Bootcamp" section of the forum for support.

This WOL does work, and it works longterm.
Nat

alto Wed, Dec-26-01 23:44

Hi, cheesepuff. Welcome -- and listen to everything Nat says :)

You'll find a lot of information and support here. If you nose around in the Journals, you'll find a lot of people who started out feeling pretty much the way you do. Check some of the stories on the Success Stories forum, too. Marlaine, for instance, had a very slow start, but stuck with it and now she's melting before our eyes. :)

HeyCE Thu, Dec-27-01 08:18

Good morning!

Why "Cheesepuff?" That is a great name!

I love chocolate, too--in fact, ate so much of it the week before Christmas I am, well, just baad. I'm on day three of this and so far so good!

HeyCE Thu, Dec-27-01 08:22

Bread

Oh and Cheesepuff (why this just makes me smile, I don't know!), there are a couple of breads out there that are not as horrid as others. My friend that was instrumental in getting me into this found a bread called "35" at Albertson's (or wherever) that has 17 grams of carbs for two slices. I had ONE slice with my breakfast this a.m. and oh it was so good toasted with real butter on it!! My son likes it, too (I'm working on gearing him to a more low carb WOL--ha, my first use of that acronym. Very handy.) :cool:

I want to order the low carb tortillas and some FlaxoMeal.

cheesepuff Thu, Dec-27-01 11:37

Gee

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm sure I'm going to do a little better with all your help. I chose CheesePuff because they are one of my many favorvite downfalls. so is Cheese Popcorn, Cheese Potatoes, Cheese Fries... you get the idea. (and yes(giggle), it's cute :wiggle: )

Therego,

CheesePuff :spin:

HeyCE Thu, Dec-27-01 12:21

CheesePuff, good idea to shake your fist at the cheesepuffs and cheesepopcorn and all that stuff! At least you can have real cheese!! :D