Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Any suggestions? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177194)

Randy B. Tue, Apr-06-04 14:46

Any suggestions?

I'm new here-I've been reading the posts, and I love this place. I want to know if anyone has any ideas. I started doing induction around the first of February and have lost 15 lbs. The problem is I have stalled. Scale really likes to stay at the 161-160lbs. Heres what I usually have each day:
Breakfast:
One cup coffee/one packet splenda & 2 Tbs cream
One boiled egg and a Adkins shake.
Lunch:
1/2 c tuna salad on spinack leaves
Dinner:
Meat
salad or vegatables

Also drink 2 liters of water a day. Could this be why the keto strips never turn darker than the lightest pink?
I'd really like to have the whoosh fairy come visit.
I am going to go and figure out the fitfood, but anyone have any ideas?

tcastro Tue, Apr-06-04 14:47

How much exercising are you doing if at all?

Randy B. Tue, Apr-06-04 14:50

I'm getting 20-30 minutes in each morning before I go to work, and walk in the evening.

LadyBelle Tue, Apr-06-04 15:10

You might try cutting out the shakes first for a few days to see if that helps. For me it would be the cream. I love dairy with a passion, but can't eat it and lose weight :(

Randy B. Tue, Apr-06-04 15:24

Thanks for the ideas. Forgot this. This morning didn't I didn't want an egg, so I had 1 1/2 Bran a crisp crackers with almost an ounce of cream cheese.
Think I've figured the stall out. I work in a school cafeteria (I avoid the food like the plague)and I think just smelling the cookies is causing the stall. :)

Hilary M Tue, Apr-06-04 15:28

Ditch the sticks. They're just a useless source of stress. All the water you're drinking can cause them to register light. Make sure you're getting enough calories (at your weight, 1600-1800 or more should be good) and fat (70% or more).

MikieGirl Tue, Apr-06-04 15:30

Not an expert but from what I have heard and learned, the Shakes can stall people. You may want to try to eliminate those for a couple of weeks and see if there is any improvement. Congrats on your progress thus far.

Cheers!!!

Byrdie Tue, Apr-06-04 17:27

pudding causing stall????

does anyone think eating sugar free/fat free chocalate pudding with a scoop of coolwhip at night could cause a stall??

Bindy Tue, Apr-06-04 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie
does anyone think eating sugar free/fat free chocalate pudding with a scoop of coolwhip at night could cause a stall??

Yes it can ,if you are still on , on going weight loss. You should save those kinds of treats for after your'e at goal. If you are going to have them , do it early afternoon and then before you go to bed have some form of protein. That always works for me. good luck

Mochashell Tue, Apr-06-04 23:28

Personally, I would just try to reduce the amount of "prepared diet food". Keep the boiled egg but ditch the shake and add some bacon or something else to supplement the single egg. And make sure the veggies you are eating are the low-carb ones.
Good luck!

Blulady Wed, Apr-07-04 04:48

Hi Randy B.!

I've never tried the shakes, but after all I've read in here the past few weeks, I would agree with the others that they might be the culprit.

I think Mochashell is right - stick to simple unprocessed foods. Hang in there!

Pam