Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Once again in the WOE after a slip, and having dreams about doughnuts (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=181467)

honu Thu, Apr-29-04 10:48

Once again in the WOE after a slip, and having dreams about doughnuts

Hi folks! Gregg here from Northern CA --

I've been doing low carb since last May (and lost about 40 lbs. and four inches off the waist). However, since about January, I've been going through personal changes, including a move. So I found myself back sliding -- a dessert here, a roll there. Next thing I knew I was craving ice cream, and eating some most nights.

I was on and off the WOE, so damage (in the form of more weight and inches) was minimal, but I knew I was at a crossroads. So, as of Sunday 4/25, I've been cheat-free, and feeling soooo much better.

And interestingly, Tuesday night, three days in without a cheat, I had a dream about eating a doughnut, and then eating a plate of pasta! How about that? Now, I have no desire for either (neither are my red-light foods, like ice cream -- fortunately most of the foods I've had trouble with on low fat diets are allowed in moderation in low carb) and it's not made me backslide. I just thought it was fascinating that I would be dreaming about eating carbs when I've eliminated them from my diet!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating in the forums here. I think they may be something that can help to keep up with the WOE. Look forward to talking with you.

-- Gregg

By the way, "honu" is the Hawaiian word for sea turtle, my favorite animal. The grace, beauty and strength of sea turtles, even while being what may be considered by some to be a larger, more awkward size (like me), remind me of the characteristics I'd most like to develop in myself.

4beans4me Thu, Apr-29-04 11:39

Hello and welcome Gregg!! :wave: You CAN do it!! :yay:

ttc#2 Thu, Apr-29-04 13:38

Welcome to the forum Gregg!

Petrina31 Thu, Apr-29-04 14:12

Welcome Gregg,

This is a great place for support, advice and encouragement. I haven't dreamt of eating any carb-laden foods lately but I did drive by a Dunkin Donuts earlier today and felt a blessedly brief pang for their chocolate frosted donuts. Of course, if I had a bite now it would probably taste sickeningly sweet. My taste buds have definitely changed with this WOE.

You sound like you're doing great! Keep it up and best of luck to you!

-Petrina

snburch Thu, Apr-29-04 14:45

Welcome aboard!

I've had a few "food" dreams since starting LC too. Mostly they involve sneaking krispy kremes.

Good luck with your journey!

corona806 Thu, Apr-29-04 15:35

WELCOME Gregg!! Its a great place here. Hope you enjoy.

honu Thu, Apr-29-04 23:42

Thanks, everyone, for your support and encouragement.

LilaCotton Thu, Apr-29-04 23:52

Hi, Gregg! I've not dreamed of high-carb foods, but my kids sure did for the first couple of months. Talk about nightmares! LOL

Best to you!