Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Back on track tomorrow...join me? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178123)

beachjen Mon, Apr-12-04 00:33

Back on track tomorrow...join me?

Hi Everybody,

Well I was doing great on Atkins and lost about 25 pounds between July and February (7 months). I got down to about 137 pounds. Then I began to relax a little, stopped visiting this support group (big mistake) and stopped counting my carbs (but still ate low carb food). Now I am up to 144 (as of this morning) which isn't horrible but if I continue the way have been I am going to gain it all back. And I'm sorry but I just got into my size 8/9's for Christmas and sold my old pants on eBay, I can't go back. And now my new size of pants is starting to fit a little tightly. ANYWAY tomorrow I am going to change my life again and my goal is to lose 9 pounds in 9 weeks to get down to 135. I would love to have some company and support. I plan to hit up this site a lot again because it really helped me before. Join me?

Love,

Jen

yvonne326 Mon, Apr-12-04 07:29

I'm In!

After this Easter Weekend totally off the track event...I am back on track today. What is bad is that I'm starting this on-again/off-again pattern which is hurting me. Not that I am gaining weight during this off time...but it must be screwing up my metabolism! Grrrr....easter cookies did me in this time.

Saskie_grl Mon, Apr-12-04 08:12

I'm in. My week leading up to Easter was a distaster! Determined to get back on track, though.

Petrina31 Mon, Apr-12-04 08:26

I'm in too!!! Easter Sunday was a sugar/starch/carb blowout!!!

MamaSara6 Mon, Apr-12-04 08:41

I am back on track too. I waaaaay prefer the way I feel ON Atkins to the way I feel OFF!

Dietz-02-G Mon, Apr-12-04 08:45

I'm in too!

Hi! I started Atkins last year, and lost about 30 pounds in a few months. I have since gained back about 10, and lately I have been stuck in an on-again, off-again pattern. I too had a super carb blow-out this weekend, so I am starting hardcore induction today! Let's do this right!!!

MikieGirl Mon, Apr-12-04 08:52

I'm in too. I tend to fall off unfortunately every Sunday but after feeling so bad last night with a carb headache, I am definately back on track. I love the energy I get from this WOE and feeling better about my food choices at the end of the day. We can do it!!!

filmlass23 Mon, Apr-12-04 08:54

I'm in. I mainly have slowed my progress with frankenfood over the past couple months... but recently went on a carb-eating bender in NYC last week!! Time to get back on track and use frankenfoods super-sparingly!!

Mousesmom Mon, Apr-12-04 09:18

Jen;

I could have written most of your post word for word. I was 137 in Feb 14 and am 144 this morning. I need to get back on track and count carbs and calories on the computer instead of in my head. And I need to get back to the gym more often.

I've been really slack thinking I could do it in my head. I was WRONG ;~( and the scale is mocking me to prove it.

I have 4 weeks to my Disney trip and about 9 to my high school reunion and I would love to be at 135 for the reunion! It would be so cool to blow them all away. I finished h.s. in 1984 at 235#!

Sure I'll join you 9# in 9 weeks! We can do this!!!

Take care, Julie

3xmommy Mon, Apr-12-04 09:30

I'm in..I too had a carb filled weekend..Lets all try to do induction for the 2 weeks at least..No cheats..

Michelle

dawn923 Mon, Apr-12-04 10:20

I too fell off but just barely, My mom cooked turkey and dressing yesterday and I had just a little bit of the dressing. Normally I would have eaten a whole lot of it and a couple of helpings. I did very good though by passing on the rolls and the corn. I was very proud of myself for that and I can't believe it I was down another pound this morning.

So go figure, maybe I just ate enough carbs to do something, who knows....

skinnbones Mon, Apr-12-04 10:44

I would like to join in as well. It is wonderful to see the support that is offered here on this site.

brenski Mon, Apr-12-04 10:54

I'm in too. I lost 30 lbs. about 3 years ago, but have since put it all back on and then some :mad: I started induction today. :yay: We can do this.

acipenser Mon, Apr-12-04 12:08

well, i am a protein powerer, but i too went off the wagon this weekend and am having a "clean" start up today!! lets get that poundage a rolling!!!!

sinistress Mon, Apr-12-04 12:26

Count me in....last week was a bad one where I just couldn't get my re induction started correctly and the week before I was in vegas and eating some high carb stuff....I've started fresh today and plan on sticking to it!