Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   So who else did the Easter cheat? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100094)

DCMark Mon, Apr-21-03 06:57

So who else did the Easter cheat?

My first really bad cheat in aboout 6 weeks of induction! My financee's parents came to visit us for a week. They are from France and brought some delicious French chocolate.

It was about 8:30 PM, we had gotten back from the airport and not yet had dinner. I was hungry, the chocolate looked so good...........SCARF! I ate a bunch. It was good.

Easter I totally behaved, back to <20 carbs, even skipped the bunny cake. Its Monday morning and I have not gained anything (not lost either and I was on a losing streak).

I don't feel too guilty, it was bound to happen over Easter. Key is to not let it happen again while they are here.

fasterfuel Mon, Apr-21-03 07:31

I cheated as well but it was a planned cheat and I did not have any candy. I have been low carbing for just over two months now and have lost 48 pounds to date. Last week I decided I wanted to eat a non low carb meal and see how how I felt afterward for a comparison, Easter seemed a good opportunity for that with the food being prepared at my dads house. Anyway I did not eat that much cheat food, some potato salad, a piece of bread, a glass of milk, and a little glazed ham, but it hit me about an hour later. I felt drugged and had to take a nap for an hour to recover some energy. I am glad I tried this experiment because it confirmed my belief in the LC WOL. Currently I am way ahead of meeting my weight loss and health goals and now plan on redoubling my efforts to get to my final goals even earlier, I have not felt this good in a long time.

Tom

yvonne326 Mon, Apr-21-03 07:58

I was doing so well Friday and Saturday and blew it at Easter dinner and after - ate chocolate, cookies, and sweet potatoes (in syrup). Today's another day.

sheaman Mon, Apr-21-03 08:01

1 Mars egg..Mmmmmmmmmmm and about 6 mini fudge filled eggs...

The guilt was worse than the hang over! No weight gain this AM..Pork chop & water for breakfast..Right back on track!

Joy

teegee Mon, Apr-21-03 08:08

My "cheat" was planned and so no guilt here. My next planned "cheat" is my 4Oth birthday in May. I've decided to give myself a birthday gift: Dr Atkins to the letter, treadmill and dumbells 3x a week, and no scale. Then on my birthday I will weigh myself to see my "gift", this will give me a goal to work towards for the next few weeks :thup: .

To all of those who may feel guilty about Easter carb overindulgence, don't! Just get right back to program and your body will take care of itself!

katgurl Mon, Apr-21-03 08:08

I didn't cheat at all knowingly...I am only on my 7th day and I realized AFTER I ate it that the spiral ham was probably cheating?
The only chocolate I ate was one of those little low-carb chocolate bar thingies. I was proud until I realized that the ham was probably sweetened.! :(

squiroga01 Mon, Apr-21-03 08:08

It was planned

When I first began Atkins, I said I would give up Carbo's for Lent. I had planned to cheat on Easter Sunday, but could not bring myself to it, except berries and fruit. It was worth it, b/c I had a woosh.

hippygal Mon, Apr-21-03 08:20

i was bad

Gave in to cookies. Paid the price with a severe belly ache.
Definately not worth it. Can't wait to get back in Ketosis.

kish Mon, Apr-21-03 09:39

Gave in!

I Gave in also. I had mac-n-cheese, dressing, and potatoes salad. Today is a new day. I paid for it too, I was constipated after eating all of that. :Puke:

atiaran Mon, Apr-21-03 09:42

I had a 1/2 cup (yes, I measureed!) of chocolate icecream. No gain but I sure have no energy this morning!

Redfallon Mon, Apr-21-03 09:50

It's funny that someone posted a thread on this - just had this discussion in someone's journal :lol: I attributed it to full moon? planets/stars not aligned? hehe Yes, I had some Hershey's candy from the work candy jar :( I made a label for it and stuck it on there - looks something like this:

:mad: EVIL CANDY JAR !!! :mad:

Oh well, today *is* another day!

mystery2u Mon, Apr-21-03 09:55

20 cheese/bacon/scallion fries. Other than that nothing! I did very well this entire weekend. I didn't get out of moderate ketosis. Those were the only carbs I had on Sunday.

To compensate for the carbs on Sunday. I walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill.

Feeling real good these days!

glo Mon, Apr-21-03 10:15

I cheated and the scale said I gained 5 lbs since Saturday...Could that be possible? On Sat I did have some cornbread stuffing maybe about a serving spoon size portion. I also hav some chocolae cake and cheesecake that I shared with someone. Not huge peices either...

Yesterday I had scalloped cheese potatoes and a cheesecake slice...no crust or blueberries on top.

Could that be 5 lbs worht?

Kathy54 Mon, Apr-21-03 10:20

I too had planned to go off for one day eat what I wanted, after 3 1/4 months of no cheats what so ever, so I just decided I'd take the day off,(sat) so I had 1/2 cup roasted potatoes, 1 thin slice of soda bread, 1/2 cup of fruit salad,hand full of chips, 1/2 peanut butter cookie. No effects other than a few little burps, right after I ate the bread. I think I held some extra water yesterday, but it's gone today.
It's odd, as even as I was eating those golden roasted new spuds, I thought to myself, yes they are very good, but nothing really tastes good enough to forego weight loss, so it'll be awhile before, I cheat/plan to off again. I also took some carrots, had one bite, and they tasted sooo salty, I just left them on my plate.

Kathy

whyspers Mon, Apr-21-03 10:31

Wow! If I had known everyone else was going to cheat, I might have cheated too...lol. Instead I sent hubby to the store for some heavy cream and made us some of that ziploc baggie low carb icecream. Added a little Nestle's cocoa to make it chocolate and that was our little concession to Easter sweets :)

I was eyeballing my kids easter baskets, but did not give in.

L