Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Cheese Crisps Are So Nice And Easy To Make! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=252150)

annasophia Sat, Jun-04-05 14:43

Cheese Crisps Are So Nice And Easy To Make!

got this off linda's receipe link..just tried now, soo good

thin piece of cheese overcooked in microwave on high for about 2 mins, and then u have crispy hot cheese crisps, they are really nice, and can be used for dips, soups, or just alone for a craving...

suzzee2003 Sat, Jun-04-05 16:07

I have seen a recipe like that but have never tried it. I will when I think I need some chips or something :) I like things that are easy to make! :)
Thanks for reminding me!

annasophia Sun, Jun-05-05 09:58

im kinda addicted to them now, nice with dip...

PlayDoh Mon, Jun-06-05 00:05

i make cheese crisps on my indoor grill and they come out perfectly. try making them out of pepperjack cheese. delicious!

vbrowne Mon, Jun-06-05 11:01

sort of like indian popadoms I suppose.

Vikki

Tonymoo Fri, Jun-10-05 15:47

What kind of cheese do you use and how do you prepare it?

Can I use hard cheese like cheddar or do you use processed cheese slices?

jeanyyy Fri, Jun-10-05 18:07

You can make the cheese crisps with almost any type of cheese - and different types turn out differently. The cheddar ones are a bit greasier, so you need to blot them. I LOVE the way Friulano cheese crisps come out! I microwave them on parchment paper on high for about 1 minute (but you do need to experiment with your microwave and the particular type of cheese you're using).

Beebuzz Sat, Jun-11-05 10:17

The best thing is, most of the fat seeps out of the crisps (you towel it dry), so its not that bad, calorie wise (and you really dont need much cheese to make a crisp anyway.).

cygirl Thu, Jun-23-05 18:06

I fried up some sausage in a fry pan,browned and then added marble shreaded last week and it was to die 4.! :yum: add our-cream.

BlitzedAng Thu, Jun-23-05 19:31

And a lil natty peanut butter across the top tastes like those cheese crackers with PB in them.. Man I love that.

Angel

ziakj24 Thu, Jul-21-05 11:11

i just made this cheese crisp and they were sooo delicious, my kids love them also. Great snack!!!!

shirea Mon, Aug-22-05 08:35

sprinkle parmesan cheese in a frying pan on top of cooker when melted lift with a knife and make into a tube leave to cool
mix cream cheese with prawns or anything else and stuff they are yummy

Noura80 Tue, Aug-30-05 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirea
sprinkle parmesan cheese in a frying pan on top of cooker when melted lift with a knife and make into a tube leave to cool
mix cream cheese with prawns or anything else and stuff they are yummy

Wow this one I've never heard of. I have to try it out. So for the cream cheese, is Philadelphia's ok, maybe the ones with flavor?

glo Sat, Sep-24-05 17:52

WHat am I doing wrong? They stick to the plate...they stick to the wax paper...how do I get them not to stick??

When I have scraped them off they are awesome.. :)

PlayDoh Sat, Sep-24-05 18:01

i couldn't get it to work in the microwave either. someone said to do it on parchment in the oven to keep it from sticking. i do it either on my foreman type grill which gives it ruffles like chips, or i do it on my griddle. either way they come out perfect. the nice thing about the griddle is if you do it that way, you can control the temperature.