Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Newbie Who Needs To Loose 224 Lbs. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172464)

MISSRED197 Fri, Mar-12-04 21:00

Newbie Who Needs To Loose 224 Lbs.

OMG, I can't believe I put that subject line out there like that. Whewww...
That's a big step for me. I am a petite girl, well woman, I'm 30. I'm 5'2" (I think I've shrunk because I used to be 5'4".) I do have to say I'm blessed with the "look" of a person who doesn't weigh that much. I have already lost 10 lbs. But I still need to loose 224 lbs. I have mini goals for myself. I plan to reward my self with things I want, mainly jewerly. ( :dazzle: what's a girl to do :angel: ) I had lost 16 lbs., but I got sick about 3 weeks ago and gained back 6 lbs. The only things I wanted to eat while I was sick was muffelatta's. And that's all bread. My main goal is to be healthier and more active. I don't want to die young. I know that when our Lord Christ Jesus calls us we don't have a choice but I don't want to go until He says it's my time. :agree: This site seems to be awesome and everyone is sooo nice!!!

Heath Fri, Mar-12-04 21:07

LC in NO is a trick, but there are definitely people who are doing it. I eat my muffs sans bread. I admit it's not near as good, but beats a poke in the eye.

Welcome to our little corner of the world. And heck, I had more than 300 to lose, and I ain't scared either.

You stay with us now, make the commitment, read the stickys and make a promise to yourself that this is for you. You're worth it!

H

Rocky_Cdn Fri, Mar-12-04 21:13

Welcome to TDC!

It is a great group. You'll find all kinds of support here. Great to hear you're going to reward yourself with non-food items! Awesome start!

Now I have a question for YOU though! :lol: What are muffelatta's? Heath calls them muffs??? Inquiring minds....

Rocky

orchidday Fri, Mar-12-04 21:27

Welcome aboard! I know it is a long journey but it can be a fun and exciting journey. I am glad you are joining us!

Orchid

diemde Fri, Mar-12-04 21:56

Welcome to the TDC! :wave: This way of eating works if you stick with it. This forum is the greatest and I attribute my success to checking in here twice a day. You are doing the best thing for your health. Congratulations on the weight lost so far.

ChrisCanDo Fri, Mar-12-04 22:28

Hi and Welcome
This forum is a great place to be for staying motivsted! I used to belong to weight watchers, tops, OA, etc... to get support but that was usually just once a week. This way a friend is always at your fingertips!

Good Luck :)

And what are muffelatas?

meltinaway Fri, Mar-12-04 23:16

Welcome to the TDC! I weighed 4 pounds more than you when I started on January 4, 2004. This WOE really does work! I have tried every diet and diet pill imaginable and none of it worked but low-carb. The great thing is, I am never hungry and I feel so much better. I have more energy, more control over my appetite, more confidence and I am determined to make it to goal.

Come to this forum as often as you can, it really will help you a lot, at least it does for me. The people here are so encouraging and they have advice for just about any problem or concern you may have. Most importantly, we are all here with the same purpose, to help each other on our journey to good health.

Welcome Aboard!

Luscious Sat, Mar-13-04 01:39

Welcome Welcome Welcome.

This forum is indeed amazing, and I have no doubt coming here every day and reading and writing really does help keep us on track. Such an amazingly warm, helpful group of people.

good luck on your journey.

teresamay Sat, Mar-13-04 06:34

This place is literally a god-send! Welcome, we are all in the same boat, and this works!!! Here you can be guaranteed a kind ear and supportive shoulder!!...

MISSRED197 Sat, Mar-13-04 07:32

Good morning ya'll! This place is addictive!! But that is a wonderful thing!
:yay: :wiggle: :agree: :yay: :wiggle: :agree: :yay: :wiggle: :agree:

A Muffelatta (Heath called it a Muff) is a New Orleans Tradition. It's wonderful!
It's hard to explain so the food dictionary has a description:

muffuletta; muffaletta
[muhf-fuh-LEHT-tuh]
A specialty of New Orleans, this HERO-style sandwich originated in 1906 at the Central Grocery, which many think still makes the best muffuletta in Louisiana. The sandwich consists of a round loaf of crusty Italian bread, split and filled with layers of sliced PROVOLONE, Genoa SALAMI and ham topped with "olive salad," a chopped mixture of green, unstuffed olives, PIMIENTOS, celery, garlic, cocktail onions, CAPERS, oregano, parsley, olive oil, red-wine vinegar, salt and pepper. The olive salad is what sets the muffuletta apart from any other sandwich of its ilk.

It's all toasty and crunchy!

I think I will try what Heath said and have it without the bread! You're right Heath, it won't be as good but it will kill the craving.

I've got to go eat breakfast....eggs & bacon.
Until later..... :roll: :p :lol: :roll:

~Becky

Lessara Sat, Mar-13-04 08:07

Hi There, Welcome to the TDC!! This is a great place for support and ideas. :)

memaw O5 Sat, Mar-13-04 09:29

Hello there: A hearty welcome from the mid west. I know you will find all the help you need right here. Stay plugged in and it will seem like no time at all until you can never think of eatting another of those Muff thingys again.

Charran Sat, Mar-13-04 14:28

Welcome to the TDC! I had over 100 pounds to lose when I first started, but I don't think of it in those terms. It would just seem too far away to deal with. I look at smaller chunks of weight. Right now I'm looking forward to seeing ONEDERLAND! Just another 26 pounds to go! Its great that you have set yourself rewards for losing smaller amounts. With preservation, you can do it!

hummelda Sat, Mar-13-04 16:47

Welcome Becky!! You've come to the right place -- take advantage of all the things the forum has to offer -- I see you have set up a journal and a gym bag -- great beginnings!!

Looking forward to seeing lots of positive (I mean negative) news from you!!

Louise

newme2b Sat, Mar-13-04 17:22

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find this forum simply fabulous and very helpful!

Good luck to you! You CAN do it!