Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GeniSoy Crunch Bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160348)

BonoLover Wed, Jan-14-04 16:16

Genisoy LC Crunch bars - great granola bar substitute!!

I loooooooooooooooove granola bars and have missed them dearly since going LC six months ago. At my Krogers the other night, I found Genisoy LC bars, there is some info here:

http://www.genisoy.com/Dot-Net/Desk...id=14&ItemId=70

A little pricey at $1.79/bar, but the peanut butter one that I tried is to die for! They do have some sugar alcohols (I think about 14g of malitol in the PB flavor) and they claim 2 effective carbs. Soooooooooo good if you've been missing your old granola bars! :)

sjkling Fri, Jan-16-04 11:02

GeniSoy Crunch Peanut Butter Bar

Yum! two ecc carbs and it tastes pretty darn good! i was skeptical of the vitamin world clerk and only bought one! that was a mistake! now i'll have to drive all the way back there for more!

MADROXY72 Sat, Jan-17-04 20:20

Genisoy low card bars

Has anyone tried these low carb bars(2 gram), I just picke dhtem up at my local Shopite. the price was only 99 cents but they are not worth it. The flavors I saw were, choc chip,choc,pb and lemon.I bought all bou the lemon.They are suppose to take like a granola bar but they really don't.

I tried the choc chip, it was not that great, had my wife try the choc,she didn't like but my 3 yr old daughter did.

BonoLover Sun, Jan-18-04 14:10

I love the PB, choc chip was ok, lemon wasn't very good.

cori Sat, Jan-24-04 09:33

Yummy! I love these! They are onsale at our Kroger's right now for $1.25 and so far I've loved the raspberry and the chocolate chip flavor! The man likes lemon & chocolate as well.

And yes, they are a perfect granola bar sub :yum:

SpydrMonke Sat, Jan-24-04 13:02

I <3 these very much! I discovered them several months ago while shopping..now only buy them

Great for travel and times away from home as well!

rose7 Sat, Jan-24-04 16:24

I purchased the chocolate chip and pb flavor. Just had the chocolate chip one, it's really good! Tastes like rice krispie treats :yum: ! The huge amt of malitol concerns me though (13g) as I react really badly to them with a ton of gas. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pricewise, a lot better than others. I bought mine for $1.20 :)

ladydee Tue, Feb-17-04 16:14

In Canada they have these at Costco for $19.99 a box of 15: 3 different flavors per box.

DWRolfe Wed, Feb-18-04 13:07

I tried a chocolate one. I give it a 5 on a 10 scale.

Jade74 Wed, Mar-03-04 15:50

I bought these the other day...
I loved loved loved the chocolate chip, loved the pb and I thought the chocolate one was okay.
Did I mention I loved the chocolate chip?

Jenn

BonoLover Wed, Mar-03-04 20:21

How did my post get a thumbs down attached to it??

lotsawater Thu, Mar-04-04 10:57

I absolutely loved the chocolate bar I got last night. One for 99 cents with a coupon for 35 cents off. The bar was only 64 cents. I went back and bought more this morning. Peanut Butter was pretty good too. I would definitely reccommend these

adukart Thu, Mar-04-04 11:45

Bono,
It looks like they (adminiistrators) combined the third post to this one and got the thumbs down from that one.

princessi Sat, Mar-13-04 00:02

i love the pb and chocolate chip ones...the chocolate ones, yick..they have some sort of berry ones too...yick again...they're on sale for $15 a box here right now

Rosie Real Sat, Mar-20-04 14:21

Genisoy Low Carb Crunch bars.

These are the best lc bars I've ever had. The chocolate chip flavor tastes exactly like a Quaker chewy granola bar and is absolutely delicious. The peanut butter are good, and the chocolate are decent. The lemon is not that good, very sour.
They're cheap too. 1.19 at my grocery store.

I can't buy any more because I can't stop at just one, but thought I'd share.