Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   I need help, possibly a buddy? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173562)

Christy P Thu, Mar-18-04 14:23

I need help, possibly a buddy?

I have been on Atkins Intro now for 3 weeks and have only lost 4 pounds. This is my millionth try at this. The first go, I lost 20+ lbs but didn't keep it up and now I have about 40+ to lose. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what is wrong, why I cannot lose this time!!! :(

Just looking for someone to troubleshoot with and bounce ideas off, I guess?

I'm so sad :cry:

I've been so determined to do it this time and have only had little cheats, maybe 2-3 and nothing huge.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks.

Crysti!

kadle Thu, Mar-18-04 14:45

Hello, hey I know how you feel... I'm on atkins too and I have started over 3 time since Nov2003. I have lost about 12lbs and I just cant seem to get past that mark.
I have MSN messenger if you would like to chat, just use the email addy in my profile to add me if you have messenger.

have a great day.....
kadle

tazanya Thu, Mar-18-04 14:46

Have you gotten into ketosis yet?

Christy P Thu, Mar-18-04 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadle
Hello, hey I know how you feel... I'm on atkins too and I have started over 3 time since Nov2003. I have lost about 12lbs and I just cant seem to get past that mark.
I have MSN messenger if you would like to chat, just use the email addy in my profile to add me if you have messenger.

have a great day.....
kadle

I feel your pain, LOL!!! This is just sad :cry: I am at work right now, but when I get home I'll try, ok? :) Thank you!

Crysti

Christy P Thu, Mar-18-04 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazanya
Have you gotten into ketosis yet?

I don't know. I don't have the little strips. Is there another way to find out? I'm so sad/mad!

Thanks!!!!

Crysti

tazanya Thu, Mar-18-04 14:55

usually i go into ketosis in about three days of low carb and 60/35/5 ratio fat/protien/carbs. I know the minute I heat ketosis because my whole body will get warm and tingly like a chill but its hot, so a hot chill. I dont know how other people are but you may need to get into ketosis and start from there I am sure a few days of ketosis will get you ontrack.

How are you counting your carbs?

Christy P Thu, Mar-18-04 15:01

Quote:
How are you counting your carbs?

Some days I do fitday and most days I just guesstimate. But, I don't eat much either....that could be it.... I'll post my fitday now...

tazanya Thu, Mar-18-04 15:03

i had the same problem of not eating. You gotta get that metabolism up and eat more. youll get sluggish and depressed.

Christy P Thu, Mar-18-04 16:23

Quote:
i had the same problem of not eating. You gotta get that metabolism up and eat more. youll get sluggish and depressed.

Yeah, I know. I have to really try that. I just read also that we cannot have nuts on INTRO, and I have been having them everyday.....not to mention a big salad every other day, not a small one every day... So, I guess I'm doing something wrong here.... :(

tazanya Thu, Mar-18-04 16:34

Ok here's my assessment, its gonna be a little painful. I don't think the salad is the problem unless your putting gobs of high carb dressing. It may be the nuts or the coffee. You need to do a week of strict induction. Meaning no carbs, only full fat cheese (and then only one or two ounces) limit the coffee. You need to get into ketosis before introducing some of the more questionable foods. once your in ketosis you can judge better what foods react to your body and how. For me I had to learn the hard way that malitol 1) kicks me out of ketosis and 2) kills my stomach. Once you do the week of strict induction. Try doing the strict induction and then nuts. this way you will know one way or another whether nuts are your achilles heel. It could be something completely different.

T

tazanya Thu, Mar-18-04 16:34

PS a cool way I have found to up my ratios in the right direction avocado's if you like them.

Dewi Thu, Mar-18-04 16:41

Hey Christy,

Saw you cry for help/buddy. Went to your journal. I cant really help you right now b/c I need to get an idea of what you have ben eating. Maybe you should start noting what u have been eating. Also do you workout? Be sure you drink lots of water, it makes a world of difference.

Dewi

Christy P Tue, Mar-23-04 10:38

Sorry I haven't posted, I was busy all weekend! :D I am back. Just posted in my journal and my fitday.

It's a new week and I am excited! By Saturday I was down 8 lbs. Must have been the Birthday cake? LOL!! I'm sure I gained a couple back though, but I'm back on track today. I am determined to do this!!! :wiggle:

I have been OD'ing on the Metamucil stuff and still no results, my body just HATES this diet!!! We'll see.......

Anyway, gotta start work now!!

:tears: