Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Not losing right now, but I don't care! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=99128)

Fantasia Wed, Apr-16-03 09:17

Not losing right now, but I don't care!

I have been in a stall again for some time, but now this is my second long term stall, I know persistance will pay off.

It doesn't bother me so much this time, because I feel *so* much better! I even posted in the Atkin's section that I changed my Fitday profile in the lifestyle section. It was a moving moment in my new WOL.

I had so much leg and foot pain, low back pain, and a whole myriad of other problems and they all seem to have vanished. My blood sugars are stable, no more hypoglycemia, and my blood pressure has gotten so low I am a bit worried.

I used to have to sit to do dishes, or stand a while then sit and take a long break. Cleaning up the dinner dishes could sometimes take me an hour or more, and I would find myself leaving things to "finish later". No more.

We moved the refrigerator and cleaned behind it, washed the walls and swept out the dust build up. I would have done nothing more than whimper at the thought of this type of activity only a few short months ago. Spring cleaning was something I "used to do". Now, it is something I am DOING.

I can do laundry now. I can bend to put things into the dryer, and take them out. I stand to hang clothes, and fold the sheets instead of sitting and wadding them up.

I used to be so ashamed of not being a good wife or mother due to physical limitations. I am now feeling more complete and more like the wife I used to be.

So I am stalled. But I don't care! The woman I used to be is no more, the shame is gone, the self punishment is such a distant past now, it almost seems like a bad dream that I couldn't wake up from.

I did wake, the 4th day of induction when that fog lifted off my brain and my heart began to beat with a newfound strength. I was reborn, almost literally.

So yeah, I am stalled, but I don't care!

Vel Wed, Apr-16-03 10:15

What a moving post

I can really identify with a lot of the changes that you talk about. It brought tears to my eyes to read it.

Thank goodness for low-carb :)

Tracy

liz175 Wed, Apr-16-03 11:27

Thank you for posting that. It is a wonderful reminder to us of how much we benefit from this way of eating, even if we are not making as rapid progress as we would like toward our goal. We all need to adopt your attitude and appreciate all the progress we have made so far. I can certainly identify with many things in your story.

saski Wed, Apr-16-03 14:22

I love this post! It's so good for our morale to take note often of all our milestones (not just the ones on the scales), and your post was such a good reminder of that.

Congratulations on all your milestones and your fabulous attitude!

You GO girl!

theresa113 Wed, Apr-16-03 17:24

Fantasia..

Awesome post. You are so right on target and I feel the same way. I have been stalled for since the beginning of the year but it was great that you reminded me of all of the things that have changed. You are an awesome person! Thanks again for the wake up call! :)

celtinore Wed, Apr-16-03 17:27

Quote:
Thanks again for the wake up call!

I second that. :spin:

dcbrowne Wed, Apr-16-03 18:24

Thanks for sharing your touching story with us. Its nice to know that if you keep up this woe that eventually the stall will pass. WIthout this board I wouldn;t know that-but I see my freinds here go through stalls and come out the other end with a whoosh. It helps me to have faith and feel grateful for the progress I have made!

Fantasia Thu, Apr-17-03 12:28

Wow! Thanks for all the great replies! :D Nice to know my little rants bring some comforting thoughts to those in the same predicament.

I don't know what I would have done with you guys.

:wave: