Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Double chin exercise (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=110235)

Autumn8623 Sun, Jun-01-03 17:58

Double chin exercise

does anyone know any good proven exercises to help firm up a double chin?

:wave:

Eushman Mon, Jun-02-03 09:04

Hey Autumn.....

whenever I feel I need some chin work, I do about 40 repititions of tilting my head back slightly...until I feel a little tightening of the front of my neck, then I extend my lower jaw forward and then up as far as I can....as you move through the motion, you should feel the strain in your "double-chin" area........I usually do about 40 reps, and always feel sore the next day, and a little tighter under the chin......

I don't know about proven....but it seems to work for me.....I don't have a regular schedule that I follow, I just do them when I think of it......and nobody's watching :)

.....I'm a ssuming that this motion doesn't have any negative effects on your bones or joints.....

Leenie Mon, Jun-02-03 11:52

Exactly !! when you do that exercise try to kiss the ceiling, stretch the face and chin as much as possible...

THIS WORKS !! I'm proof.
When I lost 150 lbs (gained over 1/2 back..oy) I did this exercise ALOT and my face got soooooooo thin, bye bye double chin.

I gotta keep reminding myself to do this again.

Stardust Mon, Jun-02-03 14:43

Here is an exercise I have heard of!

I do this one and I can feel my muscles working while I do it.

Turn your head to the right as far as you can comfortably and press the middle of your tongue to the roof of your mouth several times, like 3 sets of 10, or whatever you feel like doing.

Repeat on the left side.

Thanks for starting this thread. You reminded to start doing this exercise again.

feather Mon, Jun-02-03 16:41

I'll add these to my routine. Only while no one's looking. How should we measure results??. When I had my gym assesment (1st) I was told not to put my chin on my chest when doing crunches. I didn't, that's where it lives :exclm: :exclm:

GrlyGrl Tue, Jun-03-03 10:57

Hmmmmm...I wonder what would happen if we did these exercises at the same time as our Kegel exercises? :p

SweetSheri Tue, Jun-03-03 11:06

lol,Im laughing bc thats exactly what I did this morning! :eek:

Raelaine Tue, Jun-03-03 13:09

...and sometimes "y"

Try tilting your head as far back as you are able and then saying your vowels (or mouthing them if you don't want to be heard) ;) . You'll feel this one all the way up and down your neck as well. Don't forget to enunciate:)

Stardust Tue, Jun-03-03 13:25

Wow, I see some of our members are coordinated. lmao

Autumn8623 Tue, Jun-03-03 17:17

Thanks

Thanks for the exercises...will give them a try.

That way I will have something to do why I watch the rain.... :(

:wave:

PJ in Miam Tue, Jun-03-03 17:32

Ya know, by the spot reducing theory, gum chewers should have the skinniest faces in town. :D
PJ

Leenie Wed, Jun-04-03 13:36

Quote:
Originally posted by GrlyGrl
Hmmmmm...I wonder what would happen if we did these exercises at the same time as our Kegel exercises? :p

ROFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: