Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Yummy Low Carb Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175667)

PoinBextr Mon, Mar-29-04 14:36

Yummy Low Carb Snacks

I just tried Carbolite (Carborite) snacks for the first time. I bought one for me and one for my husband. I got the Chocolate Crisp bar. It was so incredibly good that I ate both of them :blush:
They are only 1.3g of net carbs. I went to their website (www.carbolitedirect.com) and they have so many more snacks that look very good. They are available at many many stores too!
Just a little help for those (like me) who love chocolate and are doing a LC diet.

PoinBextr Mon, Mar-29-04 14:37

Yummy Low Carb Snacks

I just tried Carbolite (Carborite) snacks for the first time. I bought one for me and one for my husband. I got the Chocolate Crisp bar. It was so incredibly good that I ate both of them :blush:
They are only 1.3g of net carbs. I went to their website (www.carbolitedirect.com) and they have so many more snacks that look very good. They are available at many many stores too!
Just a little help for those (like me) who love chocolate and are doing a LC diet.

sjkling Mon, Mar-29-04 14:44

there are some wonderful, delightful tasty treats out there! in fact, it seems like there are more delicious ones being introduced daily. i love that we can still enjoy something sweet once in a while. i learned my lesson though.....i think that the sugar alcohol in them stalls my weight loss. so keeping that in mind, i will still enjoy them in moderation!

pd Rydia Mon, Mar-29-04 14:50

Walgreens (very common around here) has tons of carbolite foods, it's spiffy!

I went to my local produce patch today and found and tried two new snacks: Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds and some baked cheese crunchies. The chocolate bar wasn't that great, but those baked cheese things...very good. Mmmm...

Dewi Mon, Mar-29-04 14:53

If you think the Carbolite stuff was good, try PureDelite, It way better. I used to order them online but now I found out that Walmart carries some of their products.

Just the cheese is yummy, I love the white chedder ones.

eddiesgirl Mon, Mar-29-04 14:53

They are very good! BUT the do cause a stall in a lot of people. Watch those sugar alcohols...they may cause you to stall. In moderation these snacks are great but I wouldn't eat them all the time.

Just my 2 cents!!

NoSunNoFun Mon, Mar-29-04 16:45

Not to mention watch out for the...
STINK BOMBS!
These cause major gas and other lovely things if you consume to much.

NoSunNoFun

LadyBelle Mon, Mar-29-04 16:49

Even a small amount causes nasty gas with me. A Larger amount causes very painful stomach problems.

I'd rather save the pain and hidden carbs and just make my own at home. Remember some of sugar alcohols are ingested. Not all of it is passed.

3shewolf8 Mon, Mar-29-04 17:43

The cheese snacks are soooo good!! But, when I can't stand it anymore, and have to buy a carbolite bar, (only as a last result the Russell Stover chocolate is fantastic!!) my kids run away yelling "watch out...mom just bought more carbo lax!!" they hurt me bad, and my family worse!! hahahaha