Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   tummy itching (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164838)

smilinka Thu, Feb-05-04 14:56

tummy itching

I was wondering has anyone's tummy itched :lol: Kinda a silly question but oh my word my tummy itches all the time here lately..

djcarbno Thu, Feb-05-04 15:50

Maybe its the fat gobules moving around getting ready to ditch you! I haven't experienced the itching problem - but if it means the fat is leaving then I wish I itched!

beanerz Thu, Feb-05-04 15:53

honestly, it could be from losing weight so fast. Just like when a woman gains weight from being pregnant and gets stretch marks (I know....) it's your skin stretching and pulling, but I remember reading you can lose weight really fast and get stretch marks from that (i know...) but hey! if you are losing weight fast then so what to stetch marks! I have them and life goes on! keep up the great work

smilinka Thu, Feb-05-04 18:17

Thank you everyone...i dont think i am losing to fast...not fast enough for me hahahah...but i think maybe my fat is leaving my body so that is a good thing..i can sit here and scratch if that is the case..just thought i would see if anyone else was having the same thing happen to them...

nowonder Thu, Feb-05-04 18:35

I've been having the same thing... but Its from dry skin, that seems to be worse due to low-carbing. And this colder than average winter isn't helping either. Of course, I see you aren't in the cold North East...

--nw

smilinka Thu, Feb-05-04 19:02

I dont have dry skin, i have looked at that..but we are a dry climate here also,,,especially in the summer time..oh i hope my fat is gone by then LOL...

smilinka Fri, Feb-06-04 17:08

Was wondering if maybe some cream would help this..maybe what preg ladies use when their tummies itch real bad...

mrscr Fri, Feb-06-04 17:33

I have problems with belly itching every winter. If you have an Avon lady, they have an oatmeal oil spray that works for my itchy tummy.

Spainlady Sat, Feb-07-04 12:14

Mine itches too......Hopefully that means the fat is leaving :wiggle:

smilinka Sat, Feb-07-04 17:14

yes lets hope so...i have noticed my tummy has gone down some soooo i think this is a good sign for us :-)

scotiagold Sat, Feb-07-04 17:48

my back itches all the time however when I was 4 wks into atkins my back stopped could it be diet related?

LadyBelle Sat, Feb-07-04 21:37

While it may seem slow to you, remember slow loss means less stretch marks, less saggy skin, and a better likelyhood of keeping it off.

There are things you can do to help, not only with preventing stretch marks, but getting rid of cellulite.
1. Keep hydrated, drink tons and tons of water. Maybe also put a mumidifier in the house if you live in a dry climate.
2. Exercise. It increases circulation and helps the most.
3. Moisturise. Massage lotion in each day. The lotion keeps skin soft and elastic, while the massaging helps keep circulation good.
4. Dry skin brushing. There are threads on it here, and info on the web about it. It can help increase circulation as well as exfoliate for softer skin.
5. Get your veggie sand suppliments in. Those vitamins have thier uses.

smilinka Mon, Feb-09-04 12:37

Thanks for the tips ladybelle it is always good to hear positive things...and congrats on your SUCCESS

AnnieMarin Mon, Feb-09-04 23:08

Yes but mine was itchy before starting Atkins. Stopped for a while when I started this WOE but now is as bad as ever - like Scotiagold, I wonder if its diet related. Something I was eating before and have added back...but other than veggies I can't think of anything I cut out for a few days and started back on...

I tried some hydrocortisone cream - it helps a little. There are some prescription antihistamines which also help some - ask your doctor/dermatologist.

smilinka Tue, Feb-10-04 08:40

I am going to get me some cream first then if it dont help contact my doctor...i had a hysterectomy in may of last year and afterwards my tummy did itch but i just figured it was shrinking cause i had 6 fibroids that was make my tummy big....so i am hoping it is the fat leaving
thanks for the replie...