Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Well i weighed.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=112091)

brw1973 Sat, Jun-07-03 22:54

Well i weighed....

I finally found a scale that weighs me and I am proud to say that I dont think i was 400 punds to begin with but I might have been close!!

One week after starting, I went to an appointment with my daughter and the doctors had one of those big flat black scales that you can roll wheelchairs etc onto.

and it said 389.6

So I dont know how much you can lose in a week, but I now know I am not 400 :)

Also I lost 2 inches from around my gut, but nothing from my waist ;)

So I wonder if i shoudl just change my starting weight to 389...any suggestions there?

MisterE Sun, Jun-08-03 03:37

Hi,
Well, at your height...and I assume the 1973 in your name is a birth year? If so, it would be within the range of normal to lose 11 pounds in the 1st week. I am 53 and lost 9 pounds with no exercise at all in my 1st week following Atkins.
So, your call.
As of this morning I have managed to lose 31 pounds in 5 weeks. Gotta love it! For me, it works when I work it. I sure do feel better.
My best wishes for your continued success!

feather Sun, Jun-08-03 04:48

:cheer:
Congratulations of your loss. Who cares if it was exactly 11lbs. You've obviously lost, so take the congratulations and feel good. You deserve it. Even if you'd just managed to stick to the WOE, doesn't that make you feel good.
Way TO Go. Keep it up.

BigMamma12 Sun, Jun-08-03 06:31

brw............

That's great that you found a scale. I am still on the look out for one. My doctor's scale doesn't go past 350lbs and he has no suggestions where I could get weighed. I went to the doctors with my sister, and they wouldn't let me weigh myself there, cause I wasn't a patient. I was a little upset, considering the scale was just in the hallway, and I wouldn't of been bothering anyone.....I think you should keep your starting weight at 400lbs. It really shows how far you have come so far. You should be so proud. Keep up the good word. Celina :thup:

Stardust Sun, Jun-08-03 07:11

Congrats on your loss!!!

Way to go!!!

Keep your starting weight as it. I believe you could have easily lost 11 pounds in the first week.

You are already reaping the rewards of this WOL\WOE and there are more to come. Hang in there ... it's going to be great.

liz175 Sun, Jun-08-03 09:32

A lot of us "guesstimate" our starting weight. My doctor's scale only goes to 350 and I was above that when I started. I put down 360 as my starting weight because, based on how fast I thought I probably lost at the beginning and the change in the fit of my clothes, I think I was probably somewhere between 360 and 370. However, I'm not really sure.

What matters is where we are now, not where we started, so do whatever feels comfortable to you.

By the way, last time I was there I noticed that my doctor now has a new scale that goes up to 450.

ketodiva Sun, Jun-08-03 11:06

I'm really proud of you. It doesn't matter where you started, it's where you are now and where you're going.

Make mini goals for yourself and before you know it, you will be down a lot of sizes and pounds.

Again, Congratulations!!!!! :thup: :p

justcindy Sun, Jun-08-03 13:59

Way to go!!!!!! Congratulations!!! :)

SubwayGirl Sun, Jun-08-03 17:59

Scales

BigMamma12 and liz175-I bought a scales that weighs up to 400 pounds on ebay for $30.00. It is both digital and dial. It also came with a 90 day warranty. I was so happy when I got it because I had not weighed myself in years!

Michelle

tgill32177 Mon, Jun-09-03 10:08

WOW!!!

Wow!

That is awesome! You can guessitmate here. That'll be fine with us.

We are soooo happy for you with your loss so far. I look forward to seeing more posts with more losses! We are cheering for you!

Be blessed,
Tanya

PS- BigMamma- How insensitive of them to NOT let you weigh. I would have told you to "knock yourself out" and hop on! LOL!