Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New Years Goals and Birthday Thanks! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=155624)

Nibby Sat, Dec-27-03 19:17

New Years Goals and Birthday Thanks!

Well everyone thank you SO MUCH for the birthday wishes! They really ment alot to me!
Went out for Chinese (sans rice of course) with my husband and youngest son and as a gift I got a new cellphone and stocked up on birdseed for the winter to come. *where is it?!*

As for my NEW YEARS goal I achieved it plus some, am 390 right now (got my TOM so up 6 pounds as usual) and my goal was to be under 400 by January 1st!
My New Years goal for 2004? To be 325lbs by January 1st 2005!
We will see........
And what about you all? Goals for the new year?
Nibby

Marieshops Sun, Dec-28-03 13:33

Congrats Nibby on doing so well. What an inspiration! Glad to hear that you had a good birthday and look forward to you making your New Years goal early again next year. :)
Marie

mudknife Sun, Dec-28-03 13:38

Congratulations Nibby, you have really come a long way. My goal for this year is to be closer to my goal weight than my starting point.

Aragorn Sun, Dec-28-03 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudknife
My goal for this year is to be closer to my goal weight than my starting point.

Amen to that....

Congratulations to Nibby and all of those who met their goals for 2003. I look forward to a new year with a new look on life and wish you all great success on your journeys.

liz175 Sun, Dec-28-03 16:41

Congratulations Nibby on doing so well! What a great birthday and Christmas present to give yourself!

Wenzday Sun, Dec-28-03 21:09

150! its my goal for this next years end.. :D

Atkins4myW Sun, Dec-28-03 22:30

weigh to go Nibby. Love the goal for 2005 already. You remind me of a long term very successful Atkins low carber who was always after me to have goals. My goal for 2005 is to be at goal and following a healthy low carb maintenance plan while enjoying my exercise just as much as i do now.

hummelda Sun, Dec-28-03 22:48

Congratulations Nibby! Birthdays are special and you have a lot to be congratulated for with your big loss regardless of the special time of the year!

As for New Years -- I am working toward being at my goal by the end of 2004. Along the way, I still have a long battle to win -- I can stay with the "right" foods but still have trouble with quantities. I don't crave the carbs but once started on protein or fat or whatever is in front of me, there is still a huge temptation for which I am rarely immune, to go significantly over the amount I believe is reasonable. Consequently, I have lost slowly and it continues to be a struggle. I can't dare to cheat with sugar or carbs -- who knows where that would lead.

SusieQQ Sun, Dec-28-03 23:46

Way to go Nibby! I am so proud of you. You have worked hard and are continuing to work even harder.
We are in this for the long haul, goals just make us a little more focused.

My goal is to be 250 by the end of 2004 and to say that
I have excersiced at least 3 days a week or more.

Happy Low Carbing!

Susan

Tedmom Mon, Dec-29-03 09:35

My goal is to continue doing LC to the best of my ability. I cannot focus yet on specific numbers on the scale because I get overwhelmed with how large the total numbers are. So far, I've been "cheat free" and hope to stay that way for a good long time. I am trying to de-emphasize the importance of food in my life and am emphasizing the importance of a life at a healthy weight. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a successful and happy 2004!