Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Quit it ALL and LOST!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=247064)

jimsbride Fri, Apr-29-05 19:35

Quit it ALL and LOST!!!

You probably have seen this everywhere, b/c I am so excited. I have just came off of an over 2 month stall, I could not break the 250 mark for nothing. Then suddenly I was discusted and quit counting carbs and entering every single thing into fitday and just low carbed it. Immediately, I dropped 2 pounds, NEW pounds lost, and the next day 2 more and then a half of a pound. All in three days.

I was going bonkers with 20 carbs, 25 carbs 35 carbs and so on. High cals, low cals, food allergy. When I let go I lost! I am not sure what scientifically took place, but I am so happy and needed this whoosh to dig in deeper.

Hope this helps someone else out!

Hugs,
Jimsbride

ginyer Fri, Apr-29-05 20:29

CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,
ANITA

jimjayhawk Fri, Apr-29-05 20:43

Nice Job!

Keep up the good work!

Jim

KryssiMc Sat, Apr-30-05 02:03

What you did was a refeed. Lots of people here do that when their body gets used to the amount of carbs they're eating and they need to "shake things up" a bit. Just make sure they are healthy carbs and you're good to go! Congrats on the loss!

monster66 Sat, Apr-30-05 08:11

I did that about 6 months ago. I was getting obsessed with entering things into Fitday and not seeing any loss no matter how I tweaked. I just quit and ate what I knew I could and things slowly picked up again. I figure there are plenty of successful people out there without access to fitday so I should quit obsessing and just do what I know is right. Congratulations!!

Kristine Sat, Apr-30-05 08:16

Heh. Reminds me of people who are apparently infertile, and then as soon as they give up TTC... :baby:

Law of Weight Loss #1: no matter how much control you think you have, with number-crunching and counting, in the end, your body does its own thing. :daze:

Zuleikaa Sat, Apr-30-05 08:36

Stress causes cortisol, cortisol stores fat and causes stalls. When you gave up obsessing, you probably reduced your stress. Voila!!

Congratulations!!!

MsCina24 Sat, Apr-30-05 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
Stress causes cortisol, cortisol stores fat and causes stalls. When you gave up obsessing, you probably reduced your stress. Voila!!

Congratulations!!!

Hey yeah that's a good point..i'll keep that in mind b/c i think i'm stalled myself and its bothering me a little!

joanee Sat, Apr-30-05 09:35

I know exactly what you mean by obsessing over FitDay lol! Congratulations on your perseverence, and especially, congratulations on giving yourself renewed spirit and energy to keep up the good work. WTG, girl!!!:bhug: :bhug:

Judynyc Sat, Apr-30-05 09:52

Big congrats to you!! :clap:

I'm very happy for you!! :agree:

I hope that you continue in your success!! :D

MetalMom Mon, May-02-05 02:19

Its nice to know Im not the only one who obsesses with Fitday. Congrats on your sucess

jobun Mon, May-02-05 09:07

good for you. sometimes you gotta shake yourself up to get your metabolism going again.

mammac-5 Mon, May-02-05 10:35

Hello. My name is Mammac and I'm a FitDay-aholic!

I know the feeling all-too-well. Today I've gone back to Induction and I have VOWED to look only at the total carbs on FitDay, pay NO attention whatsoever to calories, ratios, etc. and see how it goes.

Good for you!!

jimsbride Mon, May-02-05 18:59

Well good luck to all of you. I am still dropping in weight. First 2 days was 2 pounds each and then the next 3 days, .5 pound each. I started metformin and don't think it kicked it that quick but I am upping the dose tomorrow and am very interested in the results.

I WAS and still could be IR. So this is wonderful. Thank you, Lord!!!

Jimsbride

superaunt Tue, May-03-05 10:49

WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!

How exciting for you!!! Congrats! :)

I, too, have stopped obsessing over exact carb counts and such.... Besides, this is a WOL, right? Are you really gonna spend the rest of your life counting carbs? That's no way to live! I say know what you're putting in your mouth and you're good to go! Now, if only I could start losing poundage like that!

WTG!! :) :thup: