Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Am I alone (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136765)

Sooike Fri, Sep-12-03 13:27

Am I alone

Hi everyone,
Is there someone else who has been stalled for a long times,not a couple of weeks but for months? And what kept you going? How long did it take to start losing again ?

amiee3377 Fri, Sep-12-03 13:56

Try kiss Here are the links.
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/irock/kiss_rules.html
http://www.geocities.com/lajenner/KISS.html

If you have any question then pm me.

Grimalkin Fri, Sep-12-03 15:02

Hi Sooike,

no you're not alone. I have been stuck at 150 for almost 2 months now (I think- I am starting to lose track lol). I am not doing Atkin's induction though, just keeping daily carbs at around 30. Although I think I finally just lost a pound, but I'll wait a few days to be sure.

I've started a Fitday journal to get a handle on what I'm really eating. I think that maybe I just eat too darn much (is an average of 1800 cals/day too much?), but I can't complain because at least I'm not gaining when I do that. After so many years of LF it's actually kind of fun to never be hungry and not gain weight ;).

The most important thing to me is how much my health has improved, and how many unpleasant symptoms have resolved. Schwarzbein Principle talked a lot about how weight loss can be slow at first while the body repairs it's metabolism, I wonder if that is what going on with me.

But it would be nice to be thinner too... :rolleyes:

Tomlin Wed, Sep-17-03 16:07

Hi Sooike,
I've been on Atkins for 6 weeks and I'm still playing with the same 5lbs. that I lost in the first week, it's frustrating but I do feel great, that's what keeps me going, I haven't felt this good in forever. I just keep on telling myself that it will happen, it has to, no way can a person cut out a zillion carbs and not lose weight eventually, at least that's what I hear. Hang in there and so will I.

Blairwitch Tue, Sep-23-03 13:51

Hi Sooike,
Seems like we started around the same time and no your not alone. I have also been stalled for a few months. I was this weight in high school for quite some time. I don't know if this has a factor in it, but I am on day two of the fat fast. I will let you know if this broke my stall.

Isiar Tue, Sep-23-03 15:21

Hi there!
No, definetively you are not alone!
Here are my records for the last 6 weeks
w10:151.5
w11: 150.5
w12: 151.5
w13: 151
w14:151.5
w15:151 AAAAAAGRGGGGRRHHHHH!
Last saturday I began to use fitday again after reading a highly interesting thread about newbie mistakes...The only thing that I wasn't doing right was eating my veggies lately...(I don't like them!) I went to the supermarket and bought lots of them: broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, zuchinni. And my goal of this week is to eat all of them.
Well, yesterday evening the scale shows 148.5 and today 149!
I don't know if I'll continue loosing, I deseperately hope so! but I'm sure I'll eat all that green stuff! :roll:
Keep posting so we can share :sunny:
isiar

2Airedales Tue, Sep-23-03 15:25

You are not alone!

I was stalled for 8 weeks, and then 2 weeks ago woosh 2 lbs and another 1 lb this week.
Just hang in there. I think our bodies don't want to let go.

hysteria Thu, Oct-02-03 11:26

Nope - Hang in there. I have been flucuating the same 5 pounds since JUNE!!! Every time I've been stepping on the scale it has been reading between 181 - 176. I finally broke the cycle by doing a KIS - Keep It Simple. I cut out nuts, peanut butter (my main vice), and most cheeses and have stuck with the basics. No frankenfoods either & have lost 2 #'s already this week. Don't give up! Eventually, you will find the combination that works for you :)

Nille Thu, Oct-02-03 12:51

Noooo, you're not alone

I have lost 9 lbs and I've been on Atkins since July 28th. Lost everything the first three weeks, then nothing. I have now been the same weight for 6 weeks. I did complain a lot in the start. This was supposed to go faster. Especially if you read all the success stories. But this is not a regular diet, it's a Way Of Eating (WOE). I have received a lot of good advise from so many people.
There is alot of us out here who has not lost for a while, I would not have managed if not for this forum.... I will stick to it and make it a way of life. Looking at the bright side: at least I'm not gaining

Please don't give up. Read the book, not once, but twice, and try again. If you find it hard at times, visit the forums for help and support. There's always somebody out there ready to help :there: !

woolina Thu, Oct-02-03 13:01

I have been hainging between 176 and 182 for a couple of weeks now, lost a bunch at the begining, then seem to gain then lose gain then lose. One thing that made me feel better was that even though I didn't lose weight, I looked better. I take a digital picture weekly and when I dont look, i look at the pictures side by side and boy can you tell the difference. It helps me not to feel so bad about the scale.

Meg_S Fri, Oct-17-03 09:43

I've been between 150-160 for two years. What keeps me going? I love the food I eat, I look great, feel great - why change? The only way I lose weight NOW is to go extreme - like fat fast. I can't do that all the time so I maintain, and lose some here and there. Go on holidays and gain some...
:)

88888888 Fri, Oct-17-03 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_S
I've been between 150-160 for two years. What keeps me going? I love the food I eat, I look great, feel great - why change? The only way I lose weight NOW is to go extreme - like fat fast. I can't do that all the time so I maintain, and lose some here and there. Go on holidays and gain some...
:)

Hi Meg,

I read your messages with Timco and I am interested to know if you did try the oil fast and if so what were the results???? I would worry that after an oil fast, you would gain back what you lost when you start back on Atkins. I am just curious how it all worked out.

If you feel great and you are at 150-160 maybe this is your goal weight. Good for you.

Isiar Fri, Oct-17-03 14:19

Hi there!
I have lost 3.5 pds since I suscribed this thread on september 23...so I guess patience is the name of the game. :roll:
Congrats for your weight loss and most of all for your determination for being healthy and take care of yourself, 4 years of low carbing really inspires me!
You look so good! :thup:
Isiar

Meg_S Fri, Oct-17-03 14:19

Right now my goal has more to do with muscle definition than weight. I like the way my limbs and shoulders look - yes even my butt and thighs, but I carry my fat in my waist and would like to see some lines for my obliques. That's why I want to lose more, I want an athletic look.

Oil fast I could not stick to - and I started it the week before TOM which was not smart! I started it on a Thursday, and the Friday before I had arrived from Germany (I get swollen ankles when I fly) and I had been hiking with a heavy pack and standing all day at work that week. I had no ankle bones. 1.5 days after starting the fast I had lost 8 lbs of water... including 1.5 inches from the waist, 2" off hips and 2" off butt. It was water, of course, but I'll take inches off in any form.

I did the fat fast in June with spectacular results and did not gain weight back until I went to Canada for a month and then pigged out 24/7. It happens every time I go to my Grandmums - I don't know what is wrong with me. Its true you gain weight back after a fast but a) some of it is just food being in your intestines b) some of it is water due to adding in foods which make you hold water, for example me it would be a lot of cheese or certain vegetables my body doesn't like very much. c) if you eat more calories than you need of course you will gain weight whether it's low carb or not.

I think that an oil fast is good when you're TRULY stuck, and under the right circumstances. Like, for me it would have to be over X number of days where i wasn't exercising except for walking. I think it's psychologically really hard though and could cause a lot of people to binge.