Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How do you keep track of drinking your water? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97393)

AllysonneV Tue, Apr-08-03 09:34

How do you keep track of drinking your water?

Just curious - how does everyone keep track of drinking their water? I use old spring water bottles, refill the number I intend to drink for the day (8) and then sit them on the counter.

chocy963 Tue, Apr-08-03 10:37

I do almost the same thing, but I just keep refilling one bottle. I take a Sharpie marker and put a mark each time I refill. I just take it everywhere with me.

Sentoria Tue, Apr-08-03 10:37

For me it's simple. I have a 1litre bottle at the office that I refill twice during the day. When I go to my karate class there is another 1 litre bottle in my bag. :daze:

CAKES66 Wed, Apr-09-03 13:23

Big Cup

I have these huge cups (24 oz) that I bought from a store called Costco. I just make sure to drink 5 - 6 of these sized cups per day. If I'm out and about I use water bottles as a measure. ;)

Have a great LC day :wave:

Shelley J Wed, Apr-09-03 20:20

I don't really keep track.

I have an Aquafina bottle that I refil all day. It's a big one. I just fill it over and over all day.

Lessara Wed, Apr-09-03 21:07

Hi

I have a water bottle that holds a liter, I drink half of it before going to the gym, the other half after my 20 minute workout.
I drink 16oz of red tea (caffiene free) and another half a liter in the morning at work. Lunch I have a fruit20 (another 16oz) plus the other half of my liter. I now have 3 liters done. I then fill my water bottle at home and drink my last liter with dinner and beyond. Of course this works when I remember everything :daze:

S_Hysmith Wed, Apr-09-03 23:47

I use a 16 oz. plastic "stadium" cup as my measure, and record it in FitDay when I finish one. (I keep a FitDay window open pretty much all the time when I'm at home.)

I have always had trouble keeping up with my water intake, so I have to keep coming up with ways to increase my water. The latest trick I've devised is actually kind of recursive: since more water = more trips to the bathroom, whenever I'm done in there I fill a 4 oz. cup and drink it down before leaving the room. Seems to be helping; I've increased my intake almost 150% since starting that.

Misa Thu, Apr-10-03 10:45

I know somebody who puts pony tail holders (or rubber bands in a pinch) around her water bottle ... one for each serving that she wants to drink... and removes them as she drinks.

Another person I know uses bangles or bracelets... and moves them from one side to the other whenever she drinks her water.

cre8tivgrl Thu, Apr-10-03 10:59

Wow! Great ideas.

I've always just used the 1 ltr. refill and repeat method.

AllysonneV Thu, Apr-10-03 19:18

cool ideas...

i just love how we all get so creative when we have to on LC!

fun isnt' it?

ally