Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Wake up Call on Induction??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142414)

Clockwork Sun, Oct-12-03 05:08

Wake up Call on Induction???

Hey everyone, i haven't posted in a while so i figured i would ask who else has had this experience. When I first started this WOE after the 3rd day I woke up out of no where at like 6am (which I have never done in my life willingly) and i felt great, that was the beginning of my journey. I have recently been stalled so I decided to go back to induction. To my amazement once again on the 3rd day i woke up, this time at 5am on the nose and felt great. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling?

Elihnig Sun, Oct-12-03 05:40

I've always been an early riser. But now if I have caffiene in the evening, I can't even sleep an extra hour on the weekends. I'm up at 6 a.m. regardless.

Beth

shaerat Sun, Oct-12-03 08:14

Not only did I find I was waking up earlier, I had more energy and I was "clearer" to wake up in the middle of the night if I need to take care of the baby (11 months.. sigh!). I noticed this a lot last night when he was up for 1.5 hours earlier this morning (around 4-5:30 ish), and I was able to come on here and think clearly... very unusual for me.

Blessings!

LadyBelle Sun, Oct-12-03 09:04

I wake up when the kids demand it. Anymore I'm so used to getting up early, I have to actually make myself sleep in if I want to.

angieK Sun, Oct-12-03 10:56

No more sleeping in for me. I am up at 7am-7:30am. No more sleeping in for me. When I first started induction it was 5am. I go to bed around 11pm. At night I find I am so tired by 11pm I have trouble keeping my eyes open-which was a big change because I used to toss and turn for at least an hour. I also sleep heavier now--I don't think anything could wake me up, until 7am.
angie

AzureMoon Sun, Oct-12-03 12:35

What got me into early-to-bed-early-to-rise mode was when I quit smoking over a year ago. Guess getting plenty of oxygen does help one sleep better.

jaqui Sun, Oct-12-03 12:40

I am def sleeping less now i am low carbing. I do still tend to go to sleep fairly early but wake up in the morning really fresh instead of needing 10 cups of coffee to make me feel anywhere near awake.

becky160 Sun, Oct-12-03 13:09

I'm full of energy!!!

I am full of energy since I've been LCing. I sleep 6 hours a day. Before doing Atkins I used to be tired all of time slept 9-10 hours. I love this WOE and WOL!!!

ItsTheWooo Sun, Oct-12-03 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
Hey everyone, i haven't posted in a while so i figured i would ask who else has had this experience. When I first started this WOE after the 3rd day I woke up out of no where at like 6am (which I have never done in my life willingly) and i felt great, that was the beginning of my journey. I have recently been stalled so I decided to go back to induction. To my amazement once again on the 3rd day i woke up, this time at 5am on the nose and felt great. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling?

I would wake up every morning at 6 am after sleeping only like 6 hours. It really sucked. In fact throughout my whole induction I felt absolutely awful. It passed though, and now I can sleep through anything :D.

KMaryP Sun, Oct-12-03 15:26

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Since I started LCing, I fall asleep immediately and wake up after about 6-7 hours feeling rested and raring to go! I used to require a minimum of 9 hours of sleep before LCing, and it took me another hour to wake up after getting out of bed!

galaga6846 Mon, Oct-13-03 16:44

I use to have to sleep 12 hours, or I'd feel like crap all day. If I got less than 12, say, 10 hour or 8 I would feel like I was going to DIE!

Now, 7 or 8 hours and I'm good.

I better never have children.

MaryToU Fri, Oct-17-03 04:17

I was always an early waker, only now I do wake up a bit earlier since I have started eating low-carb. The only difference is, now once I wake up I don't need coffee anymore. :thup:

WWJunoD Fri, Oct-17-03 06:38

I used to hate mornings. My sister and her three boys live with me. I always began my day going to work feeling irritated after trying to get ready for work around 3 chattering, sometimes bickering children. I'm one of those people who like absolute quiet first thing in the morning.

Now, I'm up a whole hour and a half before the kids, and I absolutely savor that quiet time. By the time the kids get up, I'm calm and collected, and instead of grumping at them, can carry on civil conversations. Needless to say, I'm a lot happier now, and with the change in my attitude, the kids are happier too.

adkpam Fri, Oct-17-03 07:07

I would wake up 2 hours earlier than my normal time...in fact, I finished editing a book (my first non fiction book) with this extra time. It was pretty thrilling.
Now it's settled in so that I get to bed at midnight and up at 7 or 7:30. But it's so easy to wake up now. The hard part is my cat saying, "See how cold and rainy it is? Don't you want to sleep in?"
But my sleeping in times are less, too. More energy overall.

PHATBOY Fri, Oct-17-03 09:28

I have been sleeping late and then getting up early lately. There is definately more energy going on here! I'm loving this WOL!