Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Okay to eat so many eggs? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=50743)

shanthi Mon, Jul-15-02 11:41

Okay to eat so many eggs?

I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian and have been looking for ways to low-carb. Is it truly okay to eat 2 or more eggs everyday? I thougt I read that adults should have only 3-4 eggs a week. I love eggs and cheese and it would really help me to LC if I felt that it would be healthy. I don't have any medical complications whatsoever.

Thanks for any replies!!

Shanthi.

Pat S. Mon, Jul-15-02 12:12

shanthi,
I eat eggs everyday and have never had a problem. My Cholesterol is good my DH who eats cereal everyday has a high count :( so I wouldn't worry about eating eggs.

DWRolfe Mon, Jul-15-02 12:22

Eggs..

I eat them every day...

...and no problems for me. My numbers at the doctor are also really, really good.

There's been much new research published lately (sorry I don't have the URL handy) about eggs and misconceptions about the draw backs.

I'm not a doctor, but I think you can eat them safely.

Donald :wave:

gary Mon, Jul-15-02 13:38

eggyweggs

I alternate between real eggs and better than eggs or egg beaters (same as real eggs with the yolk removed). I know the word is that eggs are not as bad as they were thought to be regarding effect on cholesterol levels. One of my friends who studied the situation has said it is OK to eat one egg every day. He said it does not raise his cholesterol level.

I have recently attempted to diversify and bought Carbsense Hazel Nut hot cereal. This product has a bitter taste (I don't know if this is normal) so I use one packet of Splenda. I am going to try Keto Crisp and Flax - O - Meal.

Rhollmer Mon, Jul-15-02 14:04

I eat eggs every day, usually 3 in the morning with sausage and I really do seem to be losing weight like a madman. I think I am lower than 226 right now but I have promised myself that I won't weigh again until Saturday morning.

My biggest problem right now is that I really can't seem to take in enough carbs because I really don't like salad that much. I have been eating green beans though with dinner.

Good luck!

-Rick

caverjen Mon, Jul-15-02 15:03

eggs

Eggs are great - eat as many as you want. :thup: If you look at cookbooks published before the popularity of low-fat, they recommend AT LEAST an egg a day. The best eggs to get are free-range. They taste better and are more nutritious - high in Omega 3 fatty acids. Check out The Zone and The Schwarzbein Principle diets. They both have vegetarian options. Good luck!

Jen

shanthi Tue, Jul-16-02 07:39

Thank you all for the positive reinforcement!! I think I can low carb after all.

shanthi.