Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   I've been called an "inspiration". (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=63119)

Ellipsis Thu, Sep-26-02 22:10

I've been called an "inspiration".

As I creep up to my 50% goal mark, I've been hearing a lot of positive and encouraging comments from my co-workers about my weight loss. I've lost so much weight (55 pounds so far) that it's just impossible for others to *not* notice that I've been getting smaller. I think I'm becoming something of a minor phenomenon at work. It's a strange feeling, that sense that I'm really starting to be closely "watched".

"You keep shrinking!", "Hey, skinny girl!", "You really are to be commended.", "You look really good...you cut your hair and lost some weight, didn't you?", "Wow, look at your legs! They're getting so skinny!", "You are a real inspiration!", "Your shirt is hanging off you!", "When are you going to buy clothes that FIT?"...and so on each week from various employees. It's amazing.

Another thing I've noticed is that as I get smaller, interactions with others seem to get easier. I'm not sure if this is because of my increased self-esteem or if it's just due to the fact that people tend to react more favorably to skinnier people. Perhaps both.

I keep thinking to myself, man, if these people think 55 pounds lost is impressive, wait until they see me in six more months. Wait until they see me in one more year! I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I answer that ubiquitous question ("How much weight have you lost?") with a three-digit number.

:D

-- Nicky

jus2muchme Fri, Sep-27-02 08:00

Wow,
You GO Girl!! :cheer:

lkonzelman Fri, Sep-27-02 08:20

I remember how that feels. I lost over 80 lbs, 8 years ago. It was a low fat and LOTS of EXERCISE thing... anyway I was on cloud nine. I was SO proud of my accomplishment.

Just really enjoy it and keep up the hard work.

Kristine Fri, Sep-27-02 09:20

<b><center>Good for you!!!</center></b>

Feel free to post to the 'success stories' forum - you might not be at your end goal yet, but you're definitely a success. :thup: Got any before/after pics? :)

agonycat Fri, Sep-27-02 09:38

I do believe this does belong in the success forum :)

Nicky congrats to you so far on your wieght loss. I know how great it feels to be complimented from people you work with. My co workers did the same thing. Mostly it was "When are you going to buy new clothes? Those are hanging off you and we want to "see" how much you have lost"

Keep up the great job!

lkonzelman Fri, Sep-27-02 10:17

I appreciate that but it was so long ago and though it is hard to remember now...

Although I would have loved my new self then, I am very unsatisfied with my weight now. You see I have had 8 years of TRYING SO HARD to just stay the same (with low fat and exercise). So to me 10 days ago became me new begining and I look so forward to my future success story.

Lisa