Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [CKD] Feels good to be back in the gym.... (Update and a few questions) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=59459)

Big Dog Wed, Sep-04-02 10:04

Feels good to be back in the gym.... (Update and a few questions)

other than the fact that i am incredibly sore right now. Yesterday was a "good" sore feeeling. The feeling that lets you know you had a good workout. Today is a very painful sore that lets me know i haven't lifted seriously in 8 years. :)

I went through my first carb up over the weekend. I didnt do well, i had too much fructose and fat. We were on camping with my parents so i was somewhat limited on what was available to eat. Firday i weighed 261, sunday night i was 265. this morning i was at 263 but still no idication of Ketosis on the stix.

Hopefully this weekend's carb up will go better since i will be home and can better control what i eat.

My final workout plan is as follows

Monday - chest/triceps/shoulders
Tuesday - Back/Biceps
Wednesday - Legs

Friday - depletion.

Cardio every day but saturday and sunday, all workouts at 5 am.

I also started a training log for the first time in my life to track my progress.

Supplements: Currently taking multi-vitamin, l-glutamine and potassium before workouts. Is an ECA stack needed as long as i am making progress without one?

at what point should i consider adding one?

Same questions for protien shakes.

As it stands now i would prefer staying away from the ECA stack, but if i did go to one i would probably use the new Twinlab without ephedra (Ma Huang). If i go to a protein shake it would probably be Twinlab Diet Fuel powder. Are both of these acceptable choices?

Thanks for any input. I am glad i found this site, it has been invaluable in helping me set up what i feel is an excellent workout program.

Joe

Trainerdan Wed, Sep-04-02 19:02

answers

Quote:
Is an ECA stack needed as long as i am making progress without one?

Nope. Not needed. Use it to break a stall, or to help with appetite supression if you find yourself getting out of control. It goes without saying that you should read the label of the product you intend on taking and follow the dosage reccomendations ... and the warnings.

The ephedra-free product may be the first step to take if you hit a stall. It is caffeine based, if I recall correctly.

As for Diet Fuel powder, check the label. I belive it has ephedra in it. I used to take it years ago, and it was protein with speed in it. LOL. Look for Ma Huang/active ephedra alkaloids. If you see it, it has ephedrine in it.

BTW, your program looks solid. The soreness goes away. Take 5g of L-glutamine before bed time. It will help with recovery. :)