Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Endulge ice cream bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164928)

MrEWorm Thu, Feb-05-04 23:27

Endulge ice cream bars

Has anyone else developed an addiction to these Endulge ice cream bars? I suspect that they will cause a stall but I can't resist......

Dean4Prez Thu, Feb-05-04 23:44

I wouldn't call it an addiction -- I had a habit of one per day for a few weeks there. I wasn't losing any weight while I was eating them, but I'm not sure that was "the" reason for my stall. I quit eating them more because they make my non-LC wife want ice cream (which she doesn't want to keep in the house) than because I thought they were "the" reason for my stall.

BetsyJane Fri, Feb-06-04 07:46

Funny you should mention those bars. I bought a box at Sams last weekend and have eaten one every night since. And I have finally figured out that those things must be causing me to stall. So....I guess I will have to put them in the back of the fridge until I get closer to goal. :cry:

MyJourney Fri, Feb-06-04 08:55

I cant buy a box and not have one every night.
While they didnt make me stall, I didnt like that I felt out of control knowing they were there and so having one a day until they were gone. I dont buy them anymore.

LadyBelle Fri, Feb-06-04 12:50

I've tried the peanut butter oens and liked them. Unfortunetlyt hey have malitol. If I have one I stink up the house fo rthe rest of the night and no one would really want to be near me :(

ian559 Fri, Feb-06-04 17:59

I love them. I eat 1 a week. My wife eats one 3 to 4 nights a week. We are both still loosing just fine

Idabelle Fri, Feb-06-04 18:11

The chocolate coating is great! I am 30 pounds away from my goal and have been in a stall for 10 weeks. Today I decided to give up the treats. I hope this helps. I will have another ice cream when I lose 10 more pounds. They are addictive for me. Too easy to grab from the freezer on the way out the door.

bhcompy Fri, Feb-06-04 19:15

I eat one every night, and I used to have an endulge candy bar during the morning to keep me going till lunch, but found out that the candy bar was stalling me(eventhough the ice cream isnt). Kinda wacky

ian559 Sat, Feb-07-04 06:59

a lot more sugar alcs in the candy than in the ice cream bars.

centikel Sat, Feb-07-04 09:54

I know this will sound weird, but reading your discussion lets me think you won't think I am totally crazy.

I don't want low carb stuff to get cheap and I don't want to be able to buy it in big packages. I don't want to be encouraged to buy tons at a time because of pricing or shipping charges. I don't want it all over the place so I can grab some at the drop of a hat. I just cannot handle it, and it looks like there are others out there like me.

Besides, logically, since protein and the good fats are more expensive than carbs, if something costs the same as the carb version, then it just cannot be good quality ingredients. And I am trying to clean up what I am putting into my body. Just so that I don't give a "holy" impression, I still have a piece of Kentuckey fried chicken now and then :- )

LoCarbnit Sat, Feb-07-04 15:56

I agree with you 100% Centikel...up until the mention of KFC! :D