Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Low carb tortillas mmmm (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161234)

johnnymo Wed, Jan-21-04 12:32

Low carb tortillas mmmm

Well. what about 'em ?
La Tortilla Factory says 3 grms net for their low carb tortillas.
Me thinks this would be pretty cool with some seasoned grilled flank steak/onion/bell pepper/ lettuce and sour cream or picante. Wow, like fajita s !!!
What about it y'all? Any experience yet with these low carb tortillas?
peace

Iowagirl Wed, Jan-21-04 16:15

Lots of folks eat these - they are wonderful! Personally, I make breakfast burritos out of them and quesadillas. I've heard others frying them for taco salad bowls and chips/nachos. The possibilities are endless!

StarOrchid Wed, Jan-21-04 17:48

I use them also without any stalls or other problems. I would limit them to one a day just so that you get your veggies in, as most of your carbs should come from veggies.

kimtatt02 Wed, Jan-21-04 17:51

Could some of you let me know where you are buying these at? I've been looking, but can't find them anywhere.

dgc Wed, Jan-21-04 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtatt02
Could some of you let me know where you are buying these at? I've been looking, but can't find them anywhere.

You can find a local retailer near you or order directly:

http://www.latortillafactory.com/ContactUs.htm

SeeMyself Wed, Jan-21-04 19:58

I buy mine at Albertsons, and I have noticed Safeway carries them also. (Albertsons was cheaper) They ARE great :thup: My oldest son now uses them to make sandwich wraps instead of using bread :idea:

Iowagirl :
I've heard others frying them for taco salad bowls and chips/nachos. ,

mmmmm, now that sounds good and is another idea!!!

Dean4Prez Wed, Jan-21-04 19:59

I roll up my sausage-egg-cheese scramble in them. I've also had reasonable success making chicken quesadillas. They're very filling, thanks to the fiber (1/3 or 1/2 of a day's requirement of fiber, depending on whether you use the regular or large size).

abowers Thu, Jan-22-04 09:45

East Coast, Virginia?

Help!! I live in Virginia on the East Coast and I want my tortilla's back, in fact, I used to eat them regularly. Where on the East Coast can I find them? The grocery stores we have in the area I live are: Food Lion(not there), Kroger, Giant, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, and Winn Dixie. Do you think privately owned stores might have them?

Thanks,
Ada

Tracey71 Thu, Jan-22-04 10:03

I love the tortillas, great for wraps and burritos. I also fry the whole wheat ones in butter sometimes, then pour a little more melted butter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda, AMAZING!!!!!

bardbear Thu, Jan-22-04 10:07

Ada,

I live in NC, and I ahve yet to find them at Food Lion, Krogers, Harris Teeter or Whole Foods (the local health food store). I finally found a low carb specialty store that has them in my area. They ran $4.00 for a 10 pak of the smaller ones.

They have really made a ncie addition for my diet, glad to have sandwiches again.

Tsgath Thu, Jan-22-04 10:13

Would you be able to eat the low carb tortillas during induction?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I am new here.

/waves to everyone

Edit:
I guess I should read a little more before I post :) I found my answer a few posts down. Looks like I have to wait it out.

TeresaV Thu, Jan-22-04 10:23

Tracey71 or anyone from Ontario. What grocery store can you find the tortillas at? I live north of Toronto

johnnymo Thu, Jan-22-04 11:40

Thank you my tortilla fiend friends :)

Thanks for the replies y'all :)
Happy days are here again :) I've been wanting my breakfast burritos and taco salad back. The taco salad just aint the same w/pork rinds for chips :) Once again, this WOE rocks. It's good for my imagination and culinary skills :)
peace

Tracey71 Thu, Jan-22-04 12:01

TeresaV,

All the GNC's in Ottawa are carrying them.

TeresaV Thu, Jan-22-04 13:51

Sorry, what is GNC?