Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   WOO-HOO! Broke that 130 mark! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145191)

beachmum Mon, Oct-27-03 09:43

WOO-HOO! Broke that 130 mark!

I am SO HAPPY! I'm actually getting into the weight range listed on my driver's license, LOL!!! Haven't been here since getting pg. 4 years ago, and even that was after a crash low-fat diet which was IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with.

The best news of all: if I hadn't found LC and Atikins, I would still be a miserable, out of control person whose clothes wouldn't fit and no matter how I tried, would not be able to lose weight. So discouraging. Instead, I'm happy and feel good and am in control and not hungry or craving things.

Wish the A-man himself were still alive so I could thank him.....

beachmum

woolina Mon, Oct-27-03 09:54

My weight is not listed on my DL, only height in Fl. I am so glad, I would have fibbed anyways. I am finally at the weight that I told my DH I weighed when I was 25 pounds heavier.... He knows now, I am out of denial.. :lol:

carol.pino Mon, Oct-27-03 10:12

129! ...Great! I would love to see 129....someday...hopefully sooner than later :)

Keep up :thup: the great work!! 17 pounds in 2 months ...what is a typical day for you meal wise? I just started KISS this week through the holidays..

Have a great week :) :) :)

hey_Neener Mon, Oct-27-03 10:13

I had lied on my license at 254 pounds-telling them 240. I've had three cashiers (I'm 202 now) ask me if it's really my license and should get a new one! Nice feeling!

usedtobero Mon, Oct-27-03 10:36

I hope to be following you soon. When I break the 130lb barrier - that will be taking me back 15 years! I cant wait.

Congratulations!

Claire

watersidhe Mon, Oct-27-03 10:49

WOO-HOOOO! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Doesn't it feel great, beachmum? You must be absolutely thrilled!

Am I really the only one here who has lied UP on her DL, though? I wanted to be a 'slender' 160 instead of a 'chubby' 150. :lol: Guess I was just a weird little teen-ager!

Rachelle Mon, Oct-27-03 10:54

that is awesome... I am headed there soon... even when i hit that mark.. i still have 5lbs to make it to DL weight ... :) hehehe

Lori H Mon, Oct-27-03 15:54

Congratulations! I hope to join you in the 120s one of these years. You have done wonderful.

skibunnie Mon, Oct-27-03 15:59

I cant wait to get there, it must feel great!

Isa Mon, Oct-27-03 16:02

Fantastic! It feels great, doesn't it? I'm now a few pounds below my official DL weight. I can't wait to get my license changed to reflect the slim new me. No more lies!!!

This way of eating is so easy! Why did I wait so long?

Isa

Lisa N Mon, Oct-27-03 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_Neener
I had lied on my license at 254 pounds-telling them 240. I've had three cashiers (I'm 202 now) ask me if it's really my license and should get a new one! Nice feeling!

I know what you mean. I kept my old drivers license when I got a new one last year. Comparing the two was quite a shock for me. I hadn't realized how much my face had changed with the weight loss. :)

carol.pino Tue, Oct-28-03 06:45

Good Morning All !

Yesterday in the mail I received a picture taken in July, (my husband and I bought a new car and they took a picture of us standing by the car ) WELL!!! was I shocked at how I looked....in just the three months!!! I have plenty to go...but I'm glad I found this WOL....and I assure you I am not on this just to loose weight...this is how I am going to eat forever...it works, and I can eat :) :)

Funny also that when I was heavier I had my hair longer (alittle past my shoulders in a layered cut) when I lost 10 pounds I went to a stylist that gave me a chin length straight cut and even that makes a big difference...I need to change my DL just for the haircut :) :) :)

Have a great week.

Mayfirst Wed, Oct-29-03 10:09

Good for you! I am so anxious to see that on my scale too- only 3 more lbs for me until I'm there.

Isiar Wed, Oct-29-03 15:12

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That's great! I would love to be there someday!
Isiar