Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Ok I messed up [COOL WHIP] (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123248)

tasche Wed, Jul-16-03 11:19

Ok I messed up [COOL WHIP]

I O'D on cool whip last night having like 20 tablespoons instead of 1. The result 4 pounds gained. I woke up hungry like haven't felt in weeks and tired as crap. I'mm assuming the the 4 pounds gained is my liver restocking its glucose and water supply and should be easy enough to banish so I'm not freaking over that its just the. Hunger and tiredness that got me.

The thing is for me is I'm not by nature a binger and I'm surprised I even bought cool whip in the first place though I read here that some get the it to eat with their jello but its seems to me the stuff is made of whipped corn syrup. I didn't eat anything else bad and had huge amounts of water yesterday.

The cool whip is in the freezer now with the candy I can't eat but dont want to throw away bc its hard to get.

Tash

Tiffanylip Wed, Jul-16-03 11:24

Sorry to hear about your experience! I guess you can now understand the evils of sugar... Next time you buy something for your jello, I'd try Rediwhip or a similiar pressurized whip topping, they have half the carbs/sugar as regular cool whip.

tasche Wed, Jul-16-03 11:32

I was using ready whip before but for some crazy reason I though cool whip might be better. LOL where did that idea come from!

scorpio381 Wed, Jul-16-03 11:36

The kind you whip yourself is the best. Then you know there's no added sugar. It also tastes creamier IMO.

Put the Cool Whip in the trash! :-)

Good luck!

Tiffanylip Wed, Jul-16-03 11:39

What's the receipe for homemade whip cream? Just whisking (heavy? regular?)cream? Please don't tell me it's that simple or I'm going to be embarassed.....

scorpio381 Wed, Jul-16-03 11:41

Uh....yeah....it's that simple. LOL

Buy the little carton of "heavy whipping cream", add a little splenda to it to sweeten it up (optional) and whisk away!

Good luck!

btdude Wed, Jul-16-03 11:43

LOL Was going to say the same thing. Make your own. Heavy cream, 3 packetts Splenda, 1 tsp. Vanilla extract. GO, Girl!! Only thing I find, is that it tends to get "runny" after a day or so.

Tiffanylip Wed, Jul-16-03 11:44

LOL...figures. We always have heavy cream around so I'll have to try it.

Thanks!

atiaran Wed, Jul-16-03 12:18

One of my friends in Atkins invested in one of those whip cream makers (like they have at starbucks) where you pop in a canister of NO2, pour the heavy cream in, and hit a trigger and voila instant whip cream. She paid $60 for it, plus you have to buy new canisters. I personally am fine with waiting a few minutes while my mixer does it!!

hippygal Wed, Jul-16-03 13:59

I am going to make me some real whipped cream to put on some berries. Yum!

Leenie Wed, Jul-16-03 14:22

4 POUNDS ! FROM ONE GOOF ??????????

Ey yie yie !

Gosh what happens if you totally went off the diet, do you blow up :lol:

Its is scary.

Rosebud Wed, Jul-16-03 20:32

Quote:
Only thing I find, is that it tends to get "runny" after a day or so.

"Our" chef, Karen, gives advice on stabilising whipped cream here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=1017838
It will keep in the fridge for up to a week. :thup:

Cheers. :wave:

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

kathie w Wed, Jul-16-03 20:41

Fond memories of childhood....mom goes to work and leaves instructions for little me and brother to make the whipped cream. We had hand mixers in those days...I mean, you cranked the mixer by hand! Well, we made whipped cream...it was lovely...but we didn't know when to stop. We ended up making butter.

the one thing all this good cream whipping advice missed was this...when you've got stiff peaks, STOP whipping. Or you will end up with a very nice butter.

When it's almost done is when you add sweetener and vanilla. It whips up faster that way.
Kathie

tasche Thu, Jul-17-03 00:29

I remeber when I worked in a bakery that we used to put stabiliser in the cream to make it super white and last for DAYS but its probably carb loaded ( hey it was a bakery).

4lbs is alot I know! But that was the only screw up that day and truly I felt physically aweful this morning. Just goes to show how much my body TRULY hates sugar. Dh was just trying to convince me that I deserved a piece of cake for my birthday. I DONT think so. Dont need it dont want it