Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Low carb SlimFast bars and Pria CarbSelect bars are good! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=168980)

alienxg7 Tue, Feb-24-04 17:52

Low carb SlimFast bars and Pria CarbSelect bars are good!

Hi,

I tried the low carb SlimFast bar and it was quite good, it didn't have the chalky taste and boring texture that other low carb bars do. I really liked the Cinnamon Bun flavor, the other flavors were "okay."

I recently tried the Pria CarbSelect bars and they are quite tasty however I haven't tried every flavor.
The reason it tastes good is that on some of the bars (the ones I have tried, there are other flavors that I think probably have something else besides this) there is caramel and it seems like real caramel and it makes the bar not chalky and boring. The part at the bottom of the bar may have this texture but the top of it makes it taste good.

Have other people tried these bars? What do you think of them?

-Patrick

cathafer46 Tue, Feb-24-04 18:51

the pria carbselect bars are great..peanut caramel is my fave

btmncrt Tue, Feb-24-04 20:14

:doah: I personally would not use Slim Fast products. Until they have recently come out with low carb products, there products were nothing but pure sugar with some vitamins put in it. Pure snake oil and a fraund in its representations that it was a diet aid. There products were nothing but poisen. I, for one, will not contribute to or support such a company.

alienxg7 Tue, Feb-24-04 22:15

Well, I will still eat their bars, but I understand your point.

I won't shop at WalMart until they treat their employees better with better pay and benefits, etc. Of course, there isn't a WalMart in my area! :)

rishamoon Tue, Feb-24-04 23:32

*LOL* RE: WalMart...

Anyway, I like the Pria Carb Select bars, but I have to limit my intake of them due to the soy... I like the Cookies and Caramel the best....

The SlimFast ones, I like the banana nut, mostly because it is a different flavor than all the others... Everyone seems to have cookies and brownie and peanut butter.... nice to have something different. *shrug*

Tracey71 Wed, Feb-25-04 08:34

The Pria bars are the best by far. I treat myself once or twice a month to one, they are so much like a candy bar that I don't want to over dose!!!

Dollygrrl Wed, Feb-25-04 22:40

Oh, I love the Pria carb select bars, they are so yummy! But they are TOO yummy almost, so I only have them occasionally. I'm still wary of the whole sugar alcohols thing.

echino88 Mon, May-24-04 16:27

Slim Fast "Low Carb" bars.

15g of sugar is in no way low carb. The first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, guys!

I love bars like that, and usually use them as suppliments (when my calorie count can afford) for vitamins. However, we must remember that while they do supply many vitamins and are a great option for lunch, nothing beats REAL food, particularly veggies, that provide more purer, cleaner energy and nutrients.

IwillLose Mon, May-24-04 16:47

I actually didn't like the pria ones. I thought they were way too sweet.

pecan Mon, May-24-04 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by echino88
15g of sugar is in no way low carb. The first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, guys!

i agree, but those are just the "less sugar" options: there are low carb slimfast bars, about 2g sugar each. sometimes they are hard to find.

pria is quite good, but not high enough in protein imo. slimfast is great, especially the cinnamon bun bars.

Spinr24 Thu, May-27-04 07:17

I like the pria bars too, but the slimfast bars i find a little too dry. I found these new bars recently CarbRite Diet bars, they have 20g of protein per par. I know there is no substitute for real food but these make a great snack when I'm on the go. I found them at GNC.

giiirrrl Thu, May-27-04 14:09

what about carb count? what flavor did you try? maybe i'll stop by a local gnc and pick up a few of these bars...

Vanity3 Thu, May-27-04 14:32

yeah, but they are bad for you! Guarenteed to make you stall! Advantage bars are the only ones I trust.