Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Lost 30 pounds in only 35 days. Feels great!!! My parents are proud of me. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119067)

TrueColors Mon, Jun-30-03 11:08

Lost 30 pounds in only 35 days. Feels great!!! My parents are proud of me.

The atkins diet has truly been a miracle for me.

I have been thin all my life. After I got out of college, the weight started to slowly, steadily creep on over the years.

I believed all the lies about how gaining weight was based on willpower, starvation and excercise.

Thankfully, there were two people in my office already on atkins, which helped persuade me to give it a shot. What a fantastic turn of events!!

In less than 2 months I have gone from 255 to 220. Less than two months!!!! I eat delicious food all the time, never go hungry, and the weight just keeps burning right off.

The scale has become one of my best friends, and certainly going to see it every day is one of the highlights I most look forward to. I love the fact that my clothes are starting to not fit me. I love the fact that out of nowhere, people are asking me "are you on some kind of diet, you look different."

My parents are very proud of me, which makes things even that much better. In fact, they have been so impressed, they are going to start atkins themselves in a few weeks. There is no doubt in my mind that this will add years on to their lives.

Thank you Dr. Atkins for not being bullied into submission. Your ideas and program have helped millions of people, and for that we are grateful.

TC

Kristine Thu, Jul-03-03 09:25

:Party: Congratulations!! :Party:

That's fantastic! Keep up the good work! You're right - you've probably bought yourself a few years. :thup:

CAKES66 Sat, Jul-05-03 16:24

WTG Truecolors

CONGRATULATIONS :yay:

Thanks for sharing your story :)

amy001 Tue, Jul-08-03 16:54

congratulations. i hope my results are as good. i'm on day two of induction. keep it up!

amy

fishburg Fri, Jul-11-03 01:40

GREAT JOB!!!! Way To Go Girl!!!

I just returned to the to low cab I pray that my results are half as good as yours!

Keep up the impressive weight loss!!

LittleAnne Fri, Jul-11-03 01:56

Hi TC

Well done on your success so far. May this motivate you to keep going till you reach your target. If a things worth having its worth doing well.

Continued success.

jordy05 Fri, Jul-11-03 02:18

tell me what i can eat then,,,lol,,, i have no ideas on tips or recipes, the atkins ideas are great but here in australia i am unable to get any of the foods he puts in his books,, which makes it 10 times harder. anyway congrads,, wish you the best of luck send me some luck this way
bye jordy05

joanne42 Fri, Jul-11-03 07:13

Keep up the good work TC.. With the attitude you've got you will succeed...

wawtigress Mon, Jul-14-03 05:51

Keep up the good work, it really inspires me.I'm on Calp/Cad and lost 35 lbs. I gained back 20 but didn't watch myself. Now I think I can lose again and do a better job of keeping it off by constantly watching my weight each day and not go past 3 lbs. before doing something about it. Wawtigress

Miss Melis Sat, Jul-26-03 23:22

congrats! and remember YOU be proud of YOU!!!
You did it for YOU not for them (your parents)!!!
take care,
M-

coolazchic Thu, Dec-18-03 23:10

Congrats Greg. Happy Holidays. Here is a snow babe for you :)

Fifi Tue, Dec-30-03 06:58

Hi Truecolours, wow does Atkins diet suit you or what!!!! I'm a very, very newbie and reading success stories such as yours is so inspiring - thanks and please keep the forum informed especially any tips and quick and easy recipes you have up your sleeve!

dawnlea Wed, Jan-14-04 12:54

WELL way to go on your success.This is my second time doing atkins the reason why i didnt succeed the first time was i looked at it like a diet .Once i reached my weight where i was happy i stopped .atkins is not a diet it is a way of life hope i can achieve my weight loss like you have :)

Slimmertob Mon, Mar-15-04 21:49

That is awesome. Can you tell us what a typical day looked like????

sly1 Sun, May-02-04 12:55

Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing! Good Luck!