Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I need your Support (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=121484)

max Wed, Jul-09-03 11:21

I need your Support

I need HELP!!

I'm a died in the wool yo-yo and cant seem to keep my motivation up long enough to make it to goal. I actually came to 2lbs from goal and now I'm back up 15lbs.

Been trying to get back on plan for weeks, but it's really hard, I usually end up breaking it by end of day.

Anyhoo, I'm fasting today to get me off to a fresh start. Hope to make it a three day fast.

I have 15lbs left to lose and I want to get at least 10 lbs off by end of July. Anyone care to join me in this challenge?

..Max..

SaturnStar Wed, Jul-09-03 11:33

Hi Max -
Think about how much better you'll feel once you begin again and stay on for a few days. After that it will get easier. You do know that the closer you are to goal weight, the slower you lose right? I'm only saying this because you are only 15 lbs away from goal (which is great!) and losing 10lbs by the end of July seems like a lot to lose in a little time. I hope for your success though, it sounds as though you are really determined. When you said three day fast, do you literally mean a no-food fast for three days?
Best Wishes,
Saturn

Shellyf34 Wed, Jul-09-03 11:34

I am with you on the 10 pounds by the end of July! Can I "join" you in Jamaica??? ;)

max Wed, Jul-09-03 11:47

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Yup, I do intend to do no food. I've been drinking orange squash mixed with apple cider vinegar (quite cleansing). So far so good, except I'm really sleepy right now, which I think is carried forward. Classic arb overload symptoms. Hopefuully by tomorrow I'll be past this tired, groggy stage.

Shelly, welcome aboard, and you're welcome in Jamaica anytime, it's beautiful down here.

Tell me more about what your goals for this month are.

Shellyf34 Wed, Jul-09-03 12:09

Drinking Orange Squash for three days isn't going to get you past the tired stage as it is loaded with carbs (I assume), and fasting will make you tired on its own. Then you will have to go through heavy duty induction and feel icky again for a week. Better to start straight induciton now and forget about a fast. Or if anything, do the Dr. Atkins fat fast for a couple of days. People have stated that works really well for jump-starting the wieghtloss again.

For this month I plan on cutting down the alcohol (gin and mineral water with a twist is my fave) and upping the weight lifting. I currently do circuit training three times a week and play softball, but need to encorporate straight weightlifting into my week as well. Strength training really gives your metabolism a boost!

Battousai Wed, Jul-09-03 12:22

Weight training always works for me and keeps my body cut :)

Shellyf34 Wed, Jul-09-03 12:26

I know, I used to be a personal trainer. ;)

Kathy54 Wed, Jul-09-03 19:59

How about doing a big clean out of the carbage in your house?? Then load it up with all the great things you can have.

Good Luck Kathy