Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   whAT bEER AND hARD A can i have? (21st bday) 1 day post induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33520)

flyguy Sun, Feb-10-02 02:38

whAT bEER AND hARD A can i have? (21st bday) 1 day post induction

My 21st birthday is the day after I end Induction.
What kind of hard alchohal and beer can I have??
Do you know the carbs in different hard A?
I will probably drink
Captmorgans spice rum, southercomfort, bacardi rum, and mixed drinks with cuervo.
Would would you reccoment me doing???

agonycat Sun, Feb-10-02 07:50

Drinking is highly over rated ;)

However if you must indulge...go for the lighter colored liquors. ie vodka, gin etc as they have zero carbs.

Drink a ton of water the following day and be prepared for some massive cravings.

gwilson38 Sun, Feb-10-02 21:05

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I see its your birthday today! Hope U hada good one. Be perpared U will be really hungry so make sure U fill up on fat and protein and dont reach for the easy carbs. LOL water intake shouldnt be a problem!

ADELE Mon, Feb-11-02 10:40

:bday:

allisonm Mon, Feb-11-02 14:01

Happy Birthday! :bday: (Wish I saw this one yesterday.)

IMHO, the main problem with alcohol is the resulting impaired judgement. ;) The only times I have ever "cheated" on this plan were when I had a bit to drink.

And FlyGuy, I sure hope you're fully recovered before getting back in the pilot's seat.

Congratulations on no longer being a minor! Being an adult is so much fun!

Allison

Andy Davies Mon, Feb-11-02 18:36

Hi Flyguy, and belated birthday wishes from me, too.

From a lowcarb point of view, the problem is not so much that certain types of alcohol contain more or less carbs than another, but that the body takes calories from alcohol more readily than from body fat, which is what you are trying to get the body to remove. I believe the order of preference is Alcohol, carbohydrates, then body fat, and if the body can take caloies from one of the two easier sources, it will not take body fat.

Beer is absolutely out, unless you want to gain weight very rapidly.

But you do not have much to lose. Do you even need to lose any?

Andy

nipster Wed, Feb-13-02 16:12

I asked this same question about a week ago

here is what i can reccomend

gin and soda
vodka and soda
tequilla

also you can have tonic if its diet tonic water, supposedly

one word of warning, you will get drunk faster if you are on atkins, i have learned this, and hangovers are 10x worse

beer, no

gwilson38 Wed, Feb-13-02 16:47

hey nipster

I have learned my lesson about drinking...LOL Ok so I had my usual few, felt fine but then an hour later "poof" I was table dancing and dont remember a thing. I tend to pace myself now hehehe. I dont feel as bad in the morning tho? I mix my drinks will water.