Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   16 months on Atkins - pictures and advice! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187271)

Alina Thu, May-27-04 06:53

16 months on Atkins - pictures and advice!

Today it is 16 months since I've started Atkins WOE and I'd like to give you my best advice.

I have seen that many people take and post progress pictures. I LOVE to see those!
My advice is - take pictures. You will be amazed how little weight you need to lose to see a great difference in your appearance.

Example.....

The first picture was taken in September 2003, the second just some weeks ago. The difference in weight is about 6 lbs only which isn't much for me - I'm tall and strongly built.

The difference in sizes on the other hand - the black top is now XS instead of L and jeans are three sizes smaller!

Now - losing 'only' 6 lbs between September 2003 and today could be considered slow and could, sadly, be a cause of frustration. Not so! The pictures and the clothes show the real difference. Right, Mel? ;)

So don't let the scales ruin your progress - use other measures as well and enjoy this WOE, you bet I do! ;)

Alina

niudog Thu, May-27-04 06:56

WTG Alina - Lookin' GOOD!!!

LisaAC Thu, May-27-04 06:57

CONGRATS!!!

Isn't it great how wonderful we feel on the diet. We are definitely eating more healthier. :)

newgirlPEI Thu, May-27-04 07:31

Thats amazing!!! You look great in both pics but wow -- 6 lbs made a HUGE difference!!!!!!

cartmanis Thu, May-27-04 07:35

What a hot looking babe. Yup, look at the pictures folks, our mental ability of looking in a mirror doesn't tell the truth, and the scale can be nasty as well. Pictures and clothing sizes :)

mondavi Thu, May-27-04 07:38

Thx

You look great. Thanks for posting this today, I really needed it. I have been watching my scale and it is driving me crazy. I think my clothes are a better indicator for me as well!!

angieK Thu, May-27-04 07:58

You look great and thanks for reminding us that the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. Like you I am losing weight very slowly but the inches are still melting.
angie

erinleigh Thu, May-27-04 08:09

Thanks Alina!!! You look hott!!!! Congrats on your weightloss!!! You can really see the difference!! :yay:

AFwife Thu, May-27-04 08:14

You are right! I look in the mirror and can't tell I lost a pound. But I take pictures and go, Oh wow I have lost weight. I take pictures monthly. I'm up for a new one soon.

Great work girl, you look Great! :)

serrelind Thu, May-27-04 08:28

Alina,

Way to go, girl! :) You look grrreat!

I agree with the scale bit. Since I started to stay away from the scale, I feel so much better.

Congrats,

Serre

ndhulst Thu, May-27-04 08:54

that is so cool...I also don't lose fast but I am so short 1 pound looks like 5 LOL

you look great!!

Itty Thu, May-27-04 08:57

I noticed that alot of long time losers :) have recommended staying away from the scale. I think that is great advice, since I have noticed I have crept up a few pounds, and it's killing me!!

M

ellenincol Thu, May-27-04 09:00

WOW! I logged on this morning because I was going to write a post about HOW MY SCALE ISN"T MOVING BUT I SEE THE POUNDS MELTING OFF!!!

And here was your post!! I haven't taken before and after pictures yet but I can FEEL the difference in my body and my husband actually said I look smaller yesterday which always, ALWAYS helps!!!

SO...I don't HAVE to start a new thread and you read my mind today!

Since I started to lose I have hovered around the 192 range but I was at a store last weekend and stood on a scale and it read between 185 and 190 so who knows.

All I know is I feel better, I look better and I'm STICKING TO IT!!!

GO LOW CARB!!!

Kaillean Thu, May-27-04 09:35

Woohoo. Hoochie Momma!

Alina is the queen of inches lost.

Katana Thu, May-27-04 09:41

Baby

You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration...

;)