Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   evil low carb tortillas!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=166332)

lilli Wed, Feb-11-04 20:27

evil low carb tortillas!!!!

I bought herb locarb tortillas yesterday, and i can't stop eating them!!!!! It's terrible. Sure they only have 3 carbs a serving (hopefully,) but i just ate 4...My will power is weak. I've hid the macadamia nuts (from myself, he he,) but these tortillas are gonna have to go. Has anyone else had this happen? I told my boyfriend not to buy them! I feel like cookie monster from sesame street, but with tortillas!

Moonwalker Wed, Feb-11-04 20:37

LOL im that way with the sugar free jello and low carb cheesecake :(

solamander Wed, Feb-11-04 20:41

I put mine in the freezer-out of sight out of mind!
(but the microwave is a wonderful thing lol)

The best way to eat them is warm, rolled and dipped in melted mexican cheese.

Bosco2004 Wed, Feb-11-04 22:02

Heh.. I was trying to be real conservative with mine since I'm in induction. I made a nice big platter of fajitas and just "needed" to use 3 of them.

Today was a good day. About 3C for breakfast, a 6C burger for lunch and fajitas that should be no more than 11C total with the tortillas,

laticsmon Thu, Feb-12-04 06:39

Low carb tortillas

How long do these things keep in a sealed bag in the fridge?

BlitzedAng Thu, Feb-12-04 07:42

I buy a few packages at a time since my DH and 4 children love the La Tortilla tortias. I keep them in the freezer and only take out one a day formyself. Down to only once in a while now. KIds prefer them to bread I notice.

FrecklFluf Thu, Feb-12-04 07:51

Look at it this way: you're getting plenty of fiber. :D

suzanneM Thu, Feb-12-04 08:18

I just got my first shipment last night - something like 9 bags (what was I thinking???). So it's nice to hear they freeze well.

I just nibbled on the herb flavoured one for breakfast, get something plain in my tummy, and it was GOOD. I think I'm saved!

I wonder if my very picky 9 year old will like them? We'll give it a try, I've got cooked chicken breasts in the fridge, maybe I'll let her create her own wrap tonight - she loves to cook so perhaps she'll enjoy them too.

JayceeMn Thu, Feb-12-04 08:56

Amazing I bought them last week and havn't tried them yet--I always feel so guilty, like this is a step toward bread, and I'm scared if I take this step I'll take another and another.....
I'm happy on this lifestyle I just don't need any temptations, but these are legal--as long as I don't eat the bag--by the way is plastic good for 1 or 2 net carbs? LOL ;)

MyJourney Thu, Feb-12-04 10:16

I like putting cheese and salsa in them and folding them in half and frying them

They also taste great with cold chicken or egg salad!

Sometimes I will fry a whole wheat one with butter and add splenda and a bit of whipped cream