Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Finally lost 10lbs!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=89950)

Pokey Sun, Mar-02-03 11:02

Finally lost 10lbs!!

I finally lost 10lbs!!! :D Oh boy has it been a struggle. :cry:
10 lbs since Jan 2, 03. But finally i did it! Whewww!!.
I bought The Firm videos and have been doing that, along with other weightlifting. My measurements are all the same, except for my arms and right leg. SO i guess something is better than nothing.
The Firm videos are excellent. I did them for the first time on Last Sunday and I was so sore on Monday. I actually excersiced 5 times this week. For me that is Impressive. :D
I have been cooking tons of quiches lately, My latest is my chili Relleno cassarole type, but it looks more like a quiche to me. But it is awesome! My hubby even liked it.
I was never a great cook before now. But doing this WOE has made me darn near close!! I cook most of the day Every Sunday.

I have planned for my knee surgery in Oct so hopefully I can drop 50 lbs by then. Also I have a business trip coming up in April, and hope I can fit my fat butt in the seat. Maybe if I drop antother 10 lb by then.
Any way Sorry if this is long but I am excited.
Toodles,

KoKo Sun, Mar-02-03 11:10

Quote:
Sorry if this is long but I am excited

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

And you DESERVE to be excited. Good for You

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

audraq Sun, Mar-02-03 11:28

YAY!!! Great job!!!! :hyper:

spellbound Sun, Mar-02-03 11:47

Pokey,

I am right there with you. I started 1/01/03. I finally lost 10 lb too. It feels great doesn't it. I knew something had to break. It is good. I am glad you like the Firm tapes. I am thinking about either then or the Windsor Pilates tapes. I can't make up my mind.

Good for you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And you deserve the applause.

CAKES66 Sun, Mar-02-03 12:24

Way to go Pokey!
:hyper: :cheer: :hyper: :cheer: :hyper: :cheer:

m0bster Sun, Mar-02-03 12:34

WTG Pokey! Keep up the great work!

Arrow Sun, Mar-02-03 13:35

Now it is real

Hi all,

Pokey -- and spellbound -- 10 pounds makes it real. 'Fore that, it was just pretending and hoping and maybe. But 10 -- TEN -- pounds is real. Now you've reached launch speed. From now on, even with possible stalls and plateaus and stuff, it's all down hill.

All best wishes. You've proved to yourself that you can do it, and you've found an eating plan that lets you do it. But be warned -- we'll expect more good reports forthcoming.

janny Sun, Mar-02-03 13:45

:thup: hurray!!!! 10 # is such a nice round number. I realize that alot of wk went into it and want to acknowledge your considerable effort. Now the rewards are kicking in!!! A good cook-a benefit that you weren't expecting!!! :D
Jan Patterson

MAKE MINE LOW CARB!!!

Teuthis Sun, Mar-02-03 15:00

Good Work

Congratulations for hanging in there. It seems that you might be one of those people with a high resistence to weight loss. Your determination is even more impressive under those circumstances. Have you studied Chapter 20 of the Atkins book, on metabolic resistence? There may be more steps you can take to stimulate your weight loss. Keep going and keep us all informed.

Good Luck!

ageekott Sun, Mar-02-03 15:14

Congrats

Pokey, way to go :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: !!!!!

red1cutie Sun, Mar-02-03 15:19

Congrats Pokey!!! :Party: :Party: :Party: Great news. Keep on losing.

red

Pokey Sun, Mar-02-03 21:03

Thanks

I am so glad that you all care. I really love this site. When i need a lift i know i can get one here.
And when i want to share good news i know someone here will be happy for me.

Yaseruzo~! Mon, Mar-03-03 09:57

I just wanted to jump in and say CONGRATULATION! Your drive and perseverence is a huge inspiration! You're doing great!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Pat S. Mon, Mar-03-03 11:49

Pokey that's great I am doing the happy dance for you. Pat S

:wiggle: :cheer: :wiggle: :cheer: :wiggle: :cheer: :lol:

JZruns Mon, Mar-03-03 21:20

Way to go Pokey!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Jzruns