Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Easy Stuffed Mushrooms (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=62357)

misschris Sun, Sep-22-02 14:49

Easy Stuffed Mushrooms

This is simple and yummy! Base this on how much you are making. I use about 1/2 a package of sausage and it makes alot of mushrooms!!!!!

Take stems from mushrooms and set aside... Cook and drain sausage. Chop stems finely, add sausage, minced onion, red pepper and cream cheese... I use about 1/2 block of CC per 1/2 pkg of sausage. Stuff mushrooms and sprinkle parm cheese on top. Bake at 425 until brown and bubbly.... top with chopped green onion....

allison74 Tue, Sep-24-02 20:45

Sounds good. Going try it. Thanks

Meg_S Tue, Nov-19-02 07:39

I usually do this with just the cream cheese in the mushroom. Yesterday I added jalapeno to the cream cheese.
yum!

Meg

CindySue48 Sat, Nov-30-02 01:30

Not sure what happened.....but I made them without the cream cheese! :eek: And they were very good, but a tad dry. So yummy tho! Next time I'll make then right!

Cindy

bob Sun, Dec-29-02 19:59

Yumm, that sounds delicious. I'm gonna try it. I think it's really important to enjoy way of eating or it won't work. :yum:

UAGirl Tue, Dec-31-02 09:32

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yummy!!

I cannot wait to make these, they sound so good!! Thank you!!

Kristine Thu, Jan-02-03 12:30

I made these the other night and I loved them!! :thup: I was expecting the filling to fall apart, but it actually baked together nicely. I'm not a huge mushroom fan, but I can't wait to have these again!

zima Thu, Jan-23-03 11:31

oh my god!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I made these last night and I think I wil need buy stock in mushroom farming. These are now a staple, great for snacks and/or meals. You could stuff portabella mushrooms and really make a meal of it. I put some italian seasoning in which was great. Awesome recipe!!!!!!!!!!!
zima :D

hockeymom Sun, Jan-26-03 13:08

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I was at a baby shower yesterday and had some, they were delicious. I was going to ask if anyone had it. I'll let you know if they turn out or not when I try them.

lperk002 Sat, Feb-01-03 18:48

Yum!

I'm with Kristine, mushrooms are far from a favorite, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons (and I like everything else except for mushrooms in the recipe) so I thought I 'd give it a try. Glad I did, and so is my 2 year old. We had a great dinner of stuffed mushrooms and leftover broccoli/cauliflower casserole.

Delish. I'm thrilled there are 8 leftover waiting patiently to become lunch w/ a huge salad tomorrow!!

hockeymom Sat, Feb-01-03 21:08

I just wanted to let you know I made some last weekend for the big game and then had to make another batch during the week they were so good. I added some garlic and parmesan cheese and that even added to the flavor.

Thanks again for the recipe

Mama2five Tue, Feb-04-03 19:45

OMG, I'm sitting here eating these right now, and they are delicious! Thank you so much!

ptjody Tue, Feb-04-03 20:07

Oh Yeah, Baby!!! Found a winner here!!!! :thup:

2much2g1 Sat, May-03-03 07:54

Fast easy and delish!
Thanks for sharing! :thup: :thup: :thup:
...2much :wave:

mlsbkp Wed, May-21-03 10:35

Great recipe!! Thanks. :roll: