Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   How long to lose weight? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=110820)

kmarie1351 Tue, Jun-03-03 15:49

How long to lose weight?

I'm back to low carbing after falling off the wagon for a loooong time. :-( I'm on day 3, and am in ketosis, but have seen absolutely no result on the scale. :mad: I realize that I'm probably expecting results too soon, but I wonder what's going on here. I'm drinking plenty of water, eating right, and am in ketosis. How long did it take you all to see results on the scale?

shannonlea Tue, Jun-03-03 16:02

Hello

I have read that the second time around low carbing is harder! A lot of people go through what you are. In fact I even read that they say the first time it comes off faster and easier for most. I do not know why this is. Quite possibly your body is just adjusting to your changing things as far as eating. I would continue to eat the way you are and try not to obsess over the scales. I know this is very hard,but patience is really the key. That's something I personally struggle with myself! Also possibly your body is comfortable at your current weight! Sometimes we want that golden number and our bodies tend to stick at one particular weight. Sometimes what we think is our goal is not what our body sticks to.. I've discovered my body really stuck at 150 for quite sometime.. but it eventually will come off if you are patient and stick to this way of eating. You can do this! Just try to let things happen and not obsess over the scales. Have you taken your measurements? I'd do that and then in one month.. take them again! You may be surprised at the inches you will lose even if the scales seem stuck. I would give it more time though. You have not done this too long yet and I'm sure it will happen if you just keep doing what you are doing. Take care! Best of luck :)

guidosgirl Wed, Jun-04-03 17:39

I started a thread with something like this. I have read that if in the first place you have not been getting the protien that your body needs, that when you start on a LC plan that the protien starts repairing the muscles right away. That cause a weight gain,or in our case, it equals out what has been lost in fat. That made me feel better when I read that. No pounds lost here either but I know that I am smaller. Hang in there and it is great that you are back at it. :)

kmarie1351 Thu, Jun-05-03 18:51

Thanks

Thanks for the responses, ladies! I hope you're right about gaining muscle. I'm really hoping that I get to a size I'm happy with this time. I know that my body is responding to the LC WOE, though... I'm in ketosis, and my TOM has arrived early (it always does when I cut out carbs). Also, my body is getting rid of lots of excess water (I'm in the bathroom much more frequently recently :rolleyes: ).