Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Going to Ruby Tuesday's - any tips? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177652)

pjaye Thu, Apr-08-04 21:58

Going to Ruby Tuesday's - any tips?

Meeting a friend for dinner next week, knowing I'm doing Atkins she suggested Ruby Tuesday's. Such a supportive (but can eat anything without gaining) friend.

Any one have suggestions on what to order, I'm not very adventurous.

el123 Thu, Apr-08-04 22:08

ruby tuesdays has a fabulous low carb menu... it won't be difficult to find something tasty!

jbird Thu, Apr-08-04 22:19

I love going to Rubys but I find that the low carb menu there still has too high of carb counts for me so I stick to the salad bar (only choose the low carb items of course) and either get a steak with no sides or a bacon and pepper jack cheeseburger (minus the fries) and get mayo and mustard on the side. I'm very full when I'm done, I haven't even been able to try the 6 carb cheesecake yet.

Bosco2004 Thu, Apr-08-04 22:31

We don't have them here in CA, but looking at their menu, they appear to be one of the most "low carb" friendly restaurant chains.

http://www.rubytuesday.com/SE/pages/SE_LCM_AD_3.1.htm

I'm heading to the east coast next week, I may have to pop into one for a quick lunch.

hidees13 Thu, Apr-08-04 23:34

GET THE CHEESCAKE! Soooooooo good..cause it has a crust on it too.. Watch out though, they always offer some berry sauce or something... but it is NOT low carb..

I like it more than regular cheescake.

If i go there, i get the ceaser wrap (minus the fries) and if i need to indulge the cheesecake.. they have a great menu.. they even have mashed cauliflower... Vs the traditional side of broccoli everywhere else.

ENJOY!

Heidi

GrooveJock Fri, Apr-09-04 04:28

the burger wraps are great! I get that with a side salad and a cheesecake for dessert.

DianaO Fri, Apr-09-04 05:34

A lot of their stuff seems high even in Net carbs. A salad sounds nice though

calico32 Fri, Apr-09-04 07:55

I'd definately second getting the cheesecake. It is a bit high in net carbs (11 I think) but it's so rich and creamy that you really don't need more than a bite or two, then you can take it home and savor it over a few days. It's one of the best cheesecakes I've ever had honestly.

You would be safe in sticking with a steak and broccoli.

Bosco2004 Fri, Apr-09-04 08:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico32
I'd definately second getting the cheesecake. It is a bit high in net carbs (11 I think) but it's so rich and creamy that you really don't need more than a bite or two, then you can take it home and savor it over a few days. It's one of the best cheesecakes I've ever had honestly.

You would be safe in sticking with a steak and broccoli.

The web site reports the Cheesecake at 6g Net Carbs..

MyJourney Fri, Apr-09-04 08:24

OMG that cheesecake wouldnt last a few days with me lol. I would be surprised if it could last a few hours.

I had the cheesecake about 3 times on special occasions and it does taste great.

Their sides are the big things that add carbs to their meals. The carb count includes the sides. I tasted their mashed cauliflower and creamed spinach, didnt care for either. I stick with the mixed greens and broccoli as sides which lowers the carb count.

Their quesedillas are awesome, their steak was okay. I wasnt thrilled with their burger wrap, the tortilla was really doughy. Overall the main reason I would go there would be for the cheesecake lol and that has SAs and soy flour in it, so I watch it.

Hope you enjoy your meal.

Paris Fri, Apr-09-04 08:32

I'd heard good things at RT, but have never looked at a menu until today. It's looks really good! I especially like the look of the quesedillas.

pjaye Sun, Apr-11-04 20:36

Thanks everyone, visited the web link, boy it all looks good, what a great thing to be able to decide what to have instead of what I can't have.

flynnlee Sun, Apr-11-04 20:42

i'd suggest getting cheeseburger cheesburger; two hamburger patties with melted cheese and it comes with salad.

or chicken ceaser salad. it's really good but they don't take the crutons or breadsticks off, even tho it is on the atkins menu.

flynnlee Sun, Apr-11-04 20:42

whoops! i messed up, i'm sorry! i thought you said tgi fridays, not ruby tuesdays! my bad! i'm not sure about ruby tuesdays, but it IS nice to know that they have an atkins menu.

mickster Sun, Apr-11-04 22:45

They do have a really nice salad bar. I wasn't aware they had all that good low carb stuff now, gonna have to try it when I get back to AZ.