Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I am very proud to announce that I now have bones.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47866)

AngelaR Mon, Jun-17-02 19:03

I am very proud to announce that I now have bones....

Bones!!! Yup, and they can be found without a magnifying glass or stretching away mid-drift fat. They can't be weighed. They can't be measured. They won't turn sticks purple. But they can be admired!

Today when I was changing after my workout I saw something I haven't seen in years. It was just a touch of the outline of the bottom of my rib cage, below my girlie chest parts.

Now, before anyone gets alarmed that I'm turning into skin and bones, I'm far from it. But somehow, when I wasn't looking, something happened and those extra handfulls of stuff below the ummm err *whispering* bottom of my bra, weren't exactly extra handfuls of stuff anymore.

I'm cracking out the good crystal and pouring icewater for anyone who wants to celebrate along with me.

*doing happy dance and celebrating small victories*

agonycat Mon, Jun-17-02 19:23

Woot!

You go girl! :clap: :clap:

That happened to me a few months ago.....I was shocked and pleasantly surprised at the same time :) It's nice to see/feel those ribs again without pushing hard enough to cause a bruise :)

Chrissy Mon, Jun-17-02 20:13

I'll Celerbrate with YOU!

I can't wait to see my rib cage!

WTG Angela :Party:

Wonderful victory!

Jennie64 Mon, Jun-17-02 20:18

Hi

I was like that when I noticed the fat rolls on my sides were gone when I was sitting down. LOL It made me SOOOO happy.
Jennie

Dollygrrl Mon, Jun-17-02 20:23

Its the small things that we miss -- the simple pleasures of being thin.

Congratulations on your "newfound" ribs!!! :yay:

canuckchic Mon, Jun-17-02 20:36

WWWOOOOHOOOOOO RIBSSSS

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: RAH RAH RAH SYS BOOM BAH !!!

Way To GO !!!!!!!! on the ribs. Score 1 for Angelo 0 for fat. Holdin my crystal goblet of water up to you girl !!

Marie :wave:

Atrsy Mon, Jun-17-02 21:16

Wow! Real Bones! Do you think maybe I have some hiding in there too?

Congratulations. :thup: How nice it must feel to really see the bones. And with this woe, they should be strong ones too.

fridayeyes Mon, Jun-17-02 22:36

Woo Hoo! You go, girl!

Hugs!

Friday

Natrushka Tue, Jun-18-02 06:51

WTG Angela. I remember when I discovered I had hip bones - cloud 9 for days. All your hard work is paying off!

Nat

Lolabug Tue, Jun-18-02 07:02

Congrats!

You're an inspiration to us just starting out!!

Way to go!!!!

Woooo Hoooooo!

fridayeyes Tue, Jun-18-02 11:42

I can't wait til I can actually *see* things like the ridge of my hipbones instead of the 'upholstery' that's there now. I can feel them, though *grin* and I confess I've taken to poking them everyone and a while when I need a reminder that this is indeed working and I will get there eventually! :) :)

AngelaR Tue, Jun-18-02 14:52

Thank you so much everyone. It means a lot when others share in your little victories. It's kind of ironic that my journal is called AngelaR's Small Victories. Funny how something this small can leave you on cloud 9. I'm gonna be on cloud 9 for days.

I'm a typical apple shape. I've been at this 8 months. While I have changed sizes downward, my apple shape has stayed the same. I've shrunk proportionally. This is the first significant sign that things are starting to happen in the area that really needs some proportional trimming.