Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What do you do when you realize your weight-loss? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100256)

sdge Mon, Apr-21-03 20:47

What do you do when you realize your weight-loss?

Whenever I'm just sitting around or after a work-out or something and I notice a new vein coming out, or my love-handles smaller than before, or anything like that I just go into a frenzy. I just wanna tear a phonebook apart or soemthing, or just start barking. It feels so damn good. Who's with me here? I usually just end up pummelling a pillow.

BeccaResRN Mon, Apr-21-03 21:22

Hey ya

Today I put on my strechy workout pants and a tight strechy shirt and caught a glimse of myself in the mirror and just kept turning around and saying dammn I'm lookin good!!!! :wiggle:

bigguyjonc Mon, Apr-21-03 21:35

today i was actually wearing some new clothes i had bought that fit and walked by the mirror at work and thought "wow i actually look like a normal person"

also i went for a walk and felt like i was really buff (figment of my imagination from doing bfl for a week) and i actually jumped off the curb and bounced down the street. I felt like my legs were light as a feather! Also women flirt with me at work who never used to. Of course i don't flirt back ;)

Yep I feel good!

Jon :doah:

alwazbuzy Mon, Apr-21-03 21:44

I walk around naked in front of my husband...WITH THE LIGHTS ON!!

Jones Tue, Apr-22-03 07:19

Re: What do you do when you realize your weight-loss?

Here I am, sitting here on a cold, gray, rainy morning, no walk in the forecast, kids back to school after vacation, feeling sorry for myself because I hurt my knee, hormonal as hell, thinking about chugging a bottle of wine, mad at the world and then..........

Quote:
Originally posted by sdge
Whenever I'm just sitting around or after a work-out or something and I notice a new vein coming out, or my love-handles smaller than before, or anything like that I just go into a frenzy. I just wanna tear a phonebook apart or soemthing, or just start barking. It feels so damn good. Who's with me here? I usually just end up pummelling a pillow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm laughing as I write and I'm coming back here to read this every 10 mins. for the rest of the day. You are soooooooo funny!

You saved a life today.

Jones

Kristine Tue, Apr-22-03 07:34

:lol:

For all of you:

<center>:cheer: :cheer:</center>

I remember when I first noticed that the weight was going for good. My weight gain was hormone related, and I was also retaining water like you wouldn't believe. But I can remember sitting at the bar with my b/f, and I looked down at my hand and it suddenly looked *normal* again - no puffiness, and the veins were back! ;) It felt great! That's when I knew this WOE was working.

Part two: I've recently started some fairly-serious resistance training. I was brushing my hair the other night and noticed my evolving shoulder muscles. Wow! I stood there for about ten minutes, flexing my arms. :lol:

Iowagirl Tue, Apr-22-03 08:37

Tearing up a phone book! Too funny!

I generally find excuses to be naked in front of as many people as possible. You know, at the mall, grocery shopping - just act suprised, like you didn't realize you left the house that way...but aren't I looking buff, today? :p

Jannie Tue, Apr-22-03 08:38

lookin' good!

I bought some new jeans that fit a few weeks ago, b/c I'm getting very close to my goal weight, and have started phase 3 of Atkins. Well, I put them on to work out yesterday, and I could fit my whole hand in the waist and stomach, my hardest weight loss zone! I tend to just walk around glowing, and wearing clothes which actually reveal my new shape to the world!!

Thanks for a GREAT post!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

orzabelle Tue, Apr-22-03 09:22

Quote:

I generally find excuses to be naked in front of as many people as possible. You know, at the mall, grocery shopping - just act suprised, like you didn't realize you left the house that way...but aren't I looking buff, today? :p [/B]

Iowa girl, you are too funny!