Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi! I'm new! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25172)

mommy2two Sat, Nov-10-01 00:17

Hi! I'm new!

Hi. I am very new to this board, and also to low-carbing. I am sort of shy when it comes to posting, I'm hoping to change that here. So far so good for me, I've lost some pounds, which I did not expect to happen so fast, and also I had a TON of energy for about 3 days. Now, I feel a little yucky, but I guess that is to be expected. I think this is the hardest thing I've ever done, and I feel as if it makes me a stronger person every day. :thup:

This forum is definitely a supportive place, and I look forward to being a member!

LC Sponge Sat, Nov-10-01 12:15

Hey M-of-2

Welcome aboard. I'm on Atkins too. Congrats on your good start.

This is a pretty amazing WOE and you'll do just great. Success is no stranger around here.

Don't be shy to post! We are an active talkative mob and always lookforward to meeting a new *face* :)

It's normal to go thru a bit of a carb withdrawl, and it usually takes place right about where you are now. Don't worry it passes - you'll be back to feeling great.

Happy low-carb day to you, and I hope we get to talk again soon.

alikat3 Sat, Nov-10-01 12:30

hello there i too am new this forum.. I am finding it very informative and very supportive!! Great job on your start! I hope that i will be just as successful!!

:wave: ALI :wave:

MocaGirl Sat, Nov-10-01 12:35

Don't be Shy!!!!!!!!

:lol: We don't bite here, ( only Chicken Wings!!!!!) So just post evertime u feel u need to, beleive me, this IS a very supportive Fourm!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome and Good Luck.

I too am on Atkin's so maybe we can answer eachother qusetions if we need to!!!!!

:wave: Welcome again and remember, Don't be Shy!!

Jessica :spin:

mommy2two Sat, Nov-10-01 20:07

Thanks

Thanks for the nice replies! It's great to get support already! I am still feeling pretty blah- but I'm actually feeling better than I was. So that is definetly a good sign! I started on a potassium vitamin today, because I was getting some bad aches thru my hips and legs. We'll see how that goes!

scotlass Sun, Nov-11-01 13:58

Hiya

Great to see you have started on the programme. I too am also feeling yucky as it is my third day but as I have done it before know it will pass. It is a great motivation to see myself in ketosis but the downside is I may be loosing too fast. That always makes you feel yucky as your body is in shock as it is going to loose those lovely love handles. Keep going and post any updates for us to read

Sharon Sun, Nov-11-01 14:51

welcome

Welcome from me too!!! For sure, don't be shy, you're among friends here.

Post often it helps us to get to know you faster.

A thin me! Sun, Nov-11-01 16:18

Hello!!

Hi!

You are off to a great start!!! :)

I am only 1 week old on the program and found a lot of ideas, suggestions a support. I had a very bad day and posted it.
In fact, I was angry and people were super and full of postive re-enforcement.

I found that making a journal was helpful too. I do not write everyday, but when I need to. This is something you might want to try.

Good luck.

A Thin Me! (Aka Pam)

grrlpwer Sun, Nov-11-01 17:26

Hello

Hello Welcome to the Forum....We're all easy going and love to talk and help when ever needed :D