Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Hi I'm getting discouraged, help (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167947)

pam64 Thu, Feb-19-04 09:26

Hi I'm getting discouraged, help

Hello, everyone, I've been reading alot of your questions and answers and it's helped alot, thanks. I started Adkins February 5 and I'm into my third week. In the first two weeks I had lost 13 pounds and I cannot stay off the scales. I now show only 10 pounds lost. Is this normal to go back up when I know I am not eating anymore than I started. Here is what I normally eat in a day: Breakfast- usually skip because I get up ~ 5am and just not hungry. Lunch: Small salad(lettuce, parm cheese, chicken or pepperoni) Dinner: Some sort of plain meat and maybe some mushrooms or green beans, not always a veggie. I will have a piece of cheese as a snack daily and maybe a couple dill pickles. Maybe I just need to stay off the scales and not be so anxious for a quick loss. My Ketostix are showing a deep red so It seems Im in ketosis so I have to be losing right? Thanks for your help, and you are all great motivators. :roll:

Paleoanth Thu, Feb-19-04 09:42

Actually, most people do vary a couple of pounds normally. My weight loss was not consistent, either. I recorded weight and measurements once a week-I found that even on the weeks the weight stayed the same or even went up a pound or two, my measurements went down.

bevbme Thu, Feb-19-04 09:48

Food is a fuel. What is your calorie intake for a day with only two meals?
You will get bored and and too miserable to continue if you do not add in the things you are allowed-Veggies and salads and a higher protein/fat almounts then you are allowing yourself. Try for 10 times body weight in calories
and plan in some low carb snacks.

slimwithin Thu, Feb-19-04 09:50

Hi there, :lol:

I just started Atkins on Jan 5, 2004.
I lost only 8 pounds in the first two weeks and slowly after that.
Then I reached a loss of 15 pounds and plateud(?) at that.
I asked in another forum about the stall. I never ate breakfast either.
That was my problem. I needed something to boost my system into working first thing in the morning, or my body thought I was trying to starve it again.
After I started eating breakfast I started losing again. I am now down 19 pounds altogether. That is 19 pounds in 7 weeks which is an average of over 2 pounds a week. My goal weight is 165 pounds and I hope to reach that by Christmas. If not my mini goal of 190 pounds.
If you cannot eat at 5 a.m. grab a box of Atkins breakfast bars or the new low carb Slimfast bars and have one for a snack on the way to work or at least around 7 or 8 am. to get the furnace burning. I think you will find this helps. At least it did for me.
I bought Keto sticks also and I have never gotten past a "moderate" showing.
I read somewhere (Low Carb Luxury website) that we all don't but I am losing weight and inches so that is all that matters for now.
I hope this helps you. :thup: