Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   3.5 pounds in 24 hours??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170733)

NOGAINHERE Thu, Mar-04-04 09:49

3.5 pounds in 24 hours???

How on earth. I checked both scales. I made hot wings last night - do you think they made me fatter? or retain more water do to being super hot.

Just wings, texas pete sauce and 1/2 stick butter

mel92 Thu, Mar-04-04 10:29

I would have to say it's water retention.

AFwife Thu, Mar-04-04 10:33

I agree with mel92.....that happens to me too.

It'll be gone in a couple of days.

Hang in there.

Lily

leslew5 Thu, Mar-04-04 10:50

yeap just a couple of days....what happened with is one of the reasons I stayed away from getting on the scale EVERYDAY!!!!! :nono:

NOGAINHERE Thu, Mar-04-04 10:58

I haven't been this high in like a month!~! I'm so upset about it.

NOGAINHERE Thu, Mar-04-04 11:00

or do you think it is more related to TOM being next week? My breasts are heavy and achy kwim? I know it's soon.

freckles Thu, Mar-04-04 11:17

I would tend more towards it being tom...but could be a combo of both.

Galadriell Thu, Mar-04-04 11:51

I can show you 4 lbs lost in 3 hours, than 6 lbs gain in 12 hours:-)
During long 13+ miles run I lost usually 2-4 lbs, then my body reacts by retaining water (4-6 lbs) for 24-36 hours. (If you check the exercise thread you can read similar experiences from many others.)
Or, smoke salmon - my favorite - a garanteed 2-4 lbs gain because of the high sodium.
Similar way I gain 4-6 lbs during TOM, but loosing it in 24 hours after the last day of TOM.
all of these are water gain.
My solution: I weight myself ONE in every month, on the first Monday after my TOM (my long runs always on Saturdays.)

It is normal:-))

Moonwalker Thu, Mar-04-04 14:11

wow thats terrible.. i eat hot wings almost every day and never have a problem with them, *knock on wood* i wonder what happened...

NOGAINHERE Fri, Mar-05-04 05:49

well I'm down 2.5 of those pounds today = thank goodnes!

Auburn2932 Fri, Mar-05-04 07:06

I got up 5 lbs. heavier this morning. groannnnnnnnnn, no tom here, I'm too old. Tried to remember what i ate yesterday, too much salt, and also frankenfood, no more of that stuff for me.

sophotia Fri, Mar-05-04 07:11

Ya know what? Maybe that's what has me up 3 lbs since Monday....I have eaten Atkins LC breakfast bars every morning....dang frankenfoods!!! Duh..can't believe I didnt think of that before. Thanx Auburn2932!!!!

black57 Fri, Mar-05-04 08:37

Are you weighing at the same time each day? Are you over-weighing? Are you over analyzing your gains and losses? My weight shifts so much but I noticed that it is zig-zagging itself down to my goal weight.Give yourself a break by concentrating on good lc food, stay active and weigh yourself less often. You will drive yourself crazy.