Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Fed up! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98152)

whyspers Fri, Apr-11-03 11:07

Fed up!

Maybe its just me, but I'm getting sick and tired of ordering my lunch and having people presume for me. I ask for something plain, no bun and I get back...would you like a tomato or a pickle? No, thank you. How about cheese on it? You can have cheese on this diet. Uh...no thank you and why do you assume I'm on a diet? Is everyone who doesn't order bread on Atkins????

Maybe its just me, but really... I stopped eating lunch at the cafe' downstairs because they would always, always, make some type of comment and I started going to the cafe' next door. Now they have started, so now I guess I'll be spending all summer eating outside at the hotdog stand or bringing my own. :(

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I weighed 125 or so...lol.

L (who's just wanted to vent justified or not!)

Jones Fri, Apr-11-03 11:39

Hi Whyspers,

I think I'm following you around here.

First, venting is GOOD! You get it out, you feel better. Catch me on an off day and an untoward glance will be interpreted as a full frontal assault with an equally exagerated reaction. Not good.

Secondly, don't sweat the small stuff. I don't know if your servers are trying to be helpful or are just rude but, remember, they are there to SERVE you. They are not your mother or coworkers or friends, they are servers. On this program you are going to have to get used to ordering things your way and, unfortunately, often times having them arrive screwed up. Until the food industry catches up (we're trying at our restaurant), we are all subject to uninvited questions, inappropriate remarks and strange looks. Also, even when (notice I didn't say if because this program will take you there) you weigh 125 lbs. rude comments will be just as offensive. Rudeness is never justifiable.

Anyway, I know you're over it. The main reason I wanted to comment was because I don't want you eating hot dogs every day when you could be having healthier food.

Jones

Bottom

downscale Fri, Apr-11-03 12:14

Just order the sandwich and don't eat the bun. It's no big deal and it makes the ordering easier.

I think the bun comes in handy because then you can hold it like a sandwich. I keep moving the bun back, top and bottom, and eat what sticks out. I have eaten McDonalds hamburgers and even Subway BMT's this way. You end up with an empty bun and (relatively) clean hands. (Gyros, however, require a knife and fork. Don't order them any differently -- just open them up and consider the pita bread like a plate.)

gotbeer Fri, Apr-11-03 12:37

I ate at a seafood place (Daddy Jack's on Elm Street in Dallas) Wednesday night. I ordered stuffed Shrimp and asked the waiter to leave the starch (Ritz crackers) out of the crabmeat stuffing. The waiter threw a fit but went and asked the cook. The cook, to his credit, happily prepared the tasty meal per my request.

The waiter was a flake. I also ordered Petron Tequila, and he brought me Herradurra Tequila instead (NOT a good thing).

I did tip him, though, as I suspect he will be looking for another job soon, and I try to show compassion to the less fortunate.

whyspers Sat, Apr-12-03 05:34

Quote:
Originally posted by gotbeer

I did tip him, though, as I suspect he will be looking for another job soon, and I try to show compassion to the less fortunate.

LMBO...I got a chuckle out of this. That is a good way to look at things.

I'm over my snit now, and guess I should use their knowledge to my advantage to get them to add a couple of low carb plates to the menu. Afterall...these two guys are the owners...so why not? It might be worth it all if they would consider it.

L

manucpa Sat, Apr-12-03 08:30

Sometimes, people really are just trying to be helpfull...you're adding unecessary stress to your life by interpreting these questions negatively.