Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Atkins Bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172694)

twinky Sun, Mar-14-04 14:53

Atkins Bars

ok guys I have to share this
I just tried one of the ATKINS advantage bars
cookie and cream flavoured YUMMYYYYYYYY
I also have tried a few of the endluge bars in the past
the wafer type ones taste just like a KIT KAT

LadyBelle Sun, Mar-14-04 15:10

Be careful with them. They are natorious stalelrs for many people. The endulge bars have to many sugar alcohols for me and kill my stomach.

BlitzedAng Mon, Mar-15-04 08:48

I too liked theese but had to put them off till much later due to stalling bigtime.

Archie Mon, Mar-15-04 09:57

The advantage bars seemed to taste pretty good to me at first too but after a very short time they lost their appeal which I think is good as now I just eat them on occasions where I can't get a low carb meal right away. The Endulge candy bars type products however are very addictive for me, outrageously expensive (they are about a third the size of a Kit Kat and cost 4 times the price), seems to contribute to a stall and then those sugar alcohols can play havoc with the digestive system. I think they need to be enjoyed with extreme limitations.

allibaba Mon, Mar-15-04 10:24

Hi,
I also have a few favorites :) People always warn everyone to stay away from them and I agree they can cause a stall or stir up cravings BUT, if it weren't for them in the beginning I don't think I would've made it this far. At least having a LC option for a sweet if you feel you HAVE to is better than a regular one. Once I got passed the horrible sweet cravings I just slowed WAY down on the bars and have one now maybe once or twice a week(I was having 1 every night for a treat). I do tend to stay away from the Endulge type though because they are more candy like to me.
Good luck,
Alli

sixpence Mon, Mar-15-04 10:38

They've affected me much the same way that they affect the others that have posted on this thread. They stall me and they kill my digestive system. They don't affect my blood sugars though, which is curious. (I've tested on my wife's gestational diabetes testing supplies before and it didn't cause the glucose level to rise).

I ate the SA-filled candy during a stretch from October to late January/early-February. They caused a big time stall. I went on a clean induction, then introduced oil of oregano and acidophilus to my supplement regimen, and I've lost 17 lbs. since late February. I still drink Diet Rite, but I stay away from aspertame and caffeine.

triplemom Mon, Mar-15-04 10:47

I guess it's a good thing that I was never too wild about the Atkins bars, based on the experiences of other people. I've only used them when traveling for an emergency snack/meal when there was no other low-carb choice! On the other hand, the candy is yum! :yum: Like lots of other people, though, my body has a "built-in" regulator on that candy! :eek: