Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Diet Rite??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119612)

weewoe Wed, Jul-02-03 17:17

Diet Rite???

Can anyone tell me which stores carry diet rite. I have been all over our town of quesnel and cannot find it.. I am craving my soda

RickinTN Wed, Jul-02-03 17:20

Most Wal-Marts do

Miss Melis Wed, Jul-02-03 20:28

albertsons.... but you may not have albertsons....

take care, :wiggle:
M-

Arnie_g Wed, Jul-02-03 23:08

Sorry, I don't think you can buy Diet Rite in Canada.

Arnie

heather06 Thu, Jul-03-03 02:50

Nope, sorry no diet Rite in Canada. Aspertame for us Canucks it seems.

weewoe Thu, Jul-03-03 16:24

what do you drink

Okay so no Diet Rite so what do you drink.. I have a case of diet coke sitting here starring at me but it has aspartame in it.. Do you drink it...

aimie Thu, Jul-03-03 16:34

hey,
does the diet coke contain caffiene. if it does not say then it does. caffiene free diet would be ok if you have to have it. aspertame does slow some when loosing weight. everyone is different. you can give it a try.

hope this helps :)

NoniJuice Thu, Jul-03-03 17:59

They sell Diet Rite at Kroger. Diet Arizona Iced Tea is good. It is sweetened with Splenda and had 0 carbs.

diamondlil Thu, Jul-17-03 20:20

Diet Rite isn't available in Canada but can be found in Bellingham, WA. Albertson's, I think.

faeriegirl Thu, Jul-17-03 23:13

I found that most grocery stores right over the border in either bellingham, or blaine carry it... I myself drink diet pepsi, and a&w rootbeer :)

c440 Fri, Jul-18-03 08:02

you can check out the lc products in blaine thread I just bought 2 cases of diet rite at the cost cutter
super market that it is 2min away from the border it it also right next to the natures edge health food store that has
lot's of low carb items

Hope1 Fri, Jul-18-03 18:51

Hi weewoe. Nope, no Diet Rite in Canada but I've heard there is a drink you can find at Costco called Talking Rain. It's supposed to be delicious, fruity and sweetened with sucralose. Also, I think (don't quote me on this) the Diet Orange Crush, Cream Soda and Root Beer are also sweetened with that even elusive sucralose. Failing all of that you can buy unsweetned Kool Aid, dilute it with club soda and sweeten it with your own Splenda. It's not that bad. I've done it in desperation. Good Luck.

itsshannon Fri, Jul-18-03 20:19

Actually Diet Crush products aren't available in BC (I contacted Gray Beverage who bottles Crush) and Bellingham is a bit of a drive (about 400 miles) from Quesnel. I guess your only option up there is that Tallking Rain stuff at Costco, sorry.

Hope1 Sat, Jul-19-03 08:35

Sorry. I didn't know about the "Crush thing" . But I've heard great things about that Talking Rain stuff. There's a post here about it. Good luck.